09 ; delusional

THE PAST
+mingyu+

"What's your favorite type of cake?" Wonwoo asked me, he was working on homework but trying to make conversation with me. I did all my work ahead of time.

"Hmmm, probably vanilla cake." I was drooling just thinking about cake. I took out my phone and started texting this girl in my class about our project.

"Hey, who you texting?" Wonwoo had his eyes on his assignments but was still focused on talking to me.

"Oh... uh it's Katie." I said slowly since I was typing. I'm not good at multitasking.

"Oh. Why?" Wonwoo asked in a condescending tone.

"For a project," I laugh, "is there a problem?" I put my head on his shoulder and I could feel the tension go away.

"Nothing." Wonwoo goes from a serious face to smiling, Mingyu can sense that Wonwoo had a bad reaction to when he mentioned the name Katie.

NOW AUGUST
+wonwoo+

Damn, this car is hot. I turned on the fan in my old car and laid in the back seats. I took out a cigarette pack and took my lighter out. I was flicking the fire because it was fun. I threw the pack out of the window and felt tired.

I rubbed my eyes, it was a dry day today. I turned on my car and started riding around my neighborhood. I had a bag packed, it was full of clothes and random things.

Ahead of me was a boy on a bike, I tried to get a quick glance at his face but he had a hat covering his face.

I honked about once or twice which captured the attention of the boy.

He didn't look once at my car and just biked even quicker. That's suspicious.

I rolled down the window and started screaming, "Hey!"

Then, that one word changed everything.

The boy turned his head to look at me and it was who I thought was dead.

It was Wonwoo.

My heart started beating quicker than usual, he stopped his bike as I stopped my car.

We were both standing in the middle of the road staring down at each other. There was distance between us.

"Wonwoo?" I approached closer to him, he had a band aid on his eyebrow and his knuckles were bruised.

"I don't want you to see me like this." He rudely spat out, he took his hat off and looked at his shoes.

I couldn't speak. My feet were glued to the road.

"This isn't possible." I shook my head refusing to believe the fact that Wonwoo was standing in front of me. I ran back to go to my car but Wonwoo grabbed my wrist.

"Stop. I never went missing Mingyu."

++

This chapter was super short i apologize but the next will be quite lengthy