03 : thankful

03 : thankful

THE PAST [WAY BACK THEN] : when he first found out

Mingyu's and Wonwoo's parents were all in the living room together. They all looked depressed and gloomy. Mingyu was confused and thought the weather was why the parents were so gloomy.

"What's going on?" Mingyu asked with a hint of confusion in his face. Well, no scratch that, he was very confused.

"I don't know how to tell you this." Mingyu's mom looked at Wonwoo's mom, they both nodded their heads slowly.

"Wonwoo is gone. He just vanished."

Mingyu could not believe the words that were coming out of his mothers mouth. His head started hurting and he felt his heart beating faster by the second.

//

NOW -MINGYU- MARCH

"Pass over the ball Hoshi! I'm not playing any games." I laughed as I ran across the field. I was waving my arms like a lunatic, trying to get him to pass the ball over to me.

I watched Hoshi from a distance, he was getting ready to kick the ball over and I was prepared.

"C'mon! Just kick it already!" I yelled at the boy. I groaned because Hoshi is the slowest when it comes to the soccer ball.

"Sike! I'm not gonna let you have the ball." Hoshi stuck his tongue out and kicked the ball into the goal.

I was chuckling at him as he was dancing around the field. What a goof.

He ran over to me and put his arm around me, "I'm glad we got a little closer to each other." He grinned.

"Me too." We were both sweaty and it was humid, so I took his arm off of me. "Hey! What was that for?" Hoshi sounded like a child, he crossed his arms and whined.

"No hard feelings buddy, but it's hot as hell and I don't want your sweat on me." I patted his back. That's something that Wonwoo used to do to me. He used to pat my back all the time.

Hoshi and I both sat down to drink some water. Damn, how I miss Wonwoo. I wish he was still here.

"What are you thinking about? You seem lost in thought." Hoshi seemed a little concern. "Ah, just thinking about you know...Wonwoo." I admitted.

"Think of it this way. Wonwoo was a good friend in your past and he protected you like an older brother. He would want you to move on from the past but still remember him. He would want you to live your life with or without him. I mean, I'm not in Wonwoo's head or anything but if I was, I'm pretty much sure he would want to be remembered for good memories and wouldn't want you dreading over him." Hoshi rested his head on my shoulder.

"Didn't know that you had a deep side to you."

"Starting from today, I will help you recover! No matter what it takes." Hoshi was a nice guy and I appreciate him, but he just wasn't Wonwoo. No! Mingyu! You got to think more about the future! Be happy Hoshi is in your life!

The voice in the back of my head was telling me to be happy for Hoshi and not to compare him to Wonwoo.

I sighed, "Thanks Hoshi. I am really thankful for you."

"But you do know a little piece inside of me will always be sad because of Wonwoo."

//

hi! how do you guys like the book so far? :} also i was at my friends friends house (does that make senese? hah) bUT HER OLDER BROTHER HAD A BUNCH OF HOT ASIAN FRIENDS K BYE