04 : confronting gone wrong

THE PAST

Wonwoo was at a coffee shop that was fairly near his house. It was raining and windy outside, the warm coffee and the atmosphere of the cafe made him feel better.

He decided to stay and finish up any extra homework that he had. He was always procrastinating.

As time quickly went by, Wonwoo didn't even notice. He was actually getting his schoolwork done for once.

The store's door opened and a little bell rang. Wonwoo looked up because he was always curious to see who went inside the cafe.

His jaw dropped. The sight that he saw was unbelievable. It couldn't be...

Joshua.

Wonwoo quickly ducked his head and body under the table. He could feel his nerves getting to the best of him. He was just praying over and over, muttering the words.

'Who was Joshua?' You all are probably wondering. Joshua was an old friend of Wonwoo, and lets just say the two ended off on a bad note.

Wonwoo looked at the many feet that he could see. He saw some tennis shoes, sandals and heels. He instantly recognized Joshua's shoes. They were old and dirty.

"Hey! Ya! You know I see you right? You look like an idiot."

It was the voice Wonwoo was hoping not to hear.

It was Joshua.

Wonwoo stayed in place, he just couldn't move. His body all of a sudden became paralyzed.

"Too scared to come out eh? You are lucky that we're in a public place. Next time I see you, you're dead." Joshua shot him a dirty glare and stormed out of the cafe.

//

NOW -MINGYU-APRIL

Joshua would keep on texting me non-stop. It made me want to rip all of my hair off, he would just threaten me stupid shit.

'i know you know where wonwoo is. you are dead when i see you again blah blah blah blah'

Like I give a damn.

Joshua had been sending me these texts repeatedly and I was over his bullshit. It was just so repetitive. I rubbed my eyes and looked at myself for a good 2 minutes. I was officially a mess. My eyebags has gotten puffy and my hair is a horrible mess.

Even though Hoshi did help me with the whole Wonwoo situation, I still can't seem to get over it. He was my older brother basically and he just disappears. I've been always so curious to what had happened to Wonwoo. On some nights I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because I was so invested into wondering what the hell happened?

In all seriousness though, I need to confront Joshua once and for all.

to/hoshi
hey i think i'm going to do something about the whole joshua thing.. if he wants to meet up, will you be down to come with me ? please ?

fr/hoshi
Of course I have to go. You could possibly get injured.

to/hoshi
thanks hoshi, i can really depend on you :)

fr/hoshi
Text me the details if the trashcan wants to meet up with you.

to/hoshi
will do!

I went to my contacts list and called Joshua. He was such a jerk to me just because I knew Wonwoo. I didn't even know Joshua or talked to him. I mean, I knew he was friends with Wonwoo but I did not think they were close.

"Yo."

"Meet up with me. I want to clear everything." I sigh while rolling my eyes. I swear Joshua is so immature and thinks he's the shit.

"Alright. Meet me at the gas station at 9pm."

I hung up and immediately texted Hoshi. I had a gut feeling that I was going to regret this with all of my life and soul. Why am I getting myself into these situations?

+10pm

Hoshi was sucking on a lollipop while I was blowing bubblegum. We both were waiting for Joshua, but we were getting impatient.

"Face it, Joshua isn't coning. He's all talk." Hoshi threw his lollipop on the ground.

"He better come, I'm tired of this. He keeps on accusing me of knowing where Wonwoo is! When I clearly don't." I felt so frustrated.

"Mingyu!" Hoshi frantically yelled, his eyes were widened. I felt a pain, on the side of my stomach and loudly groaned in pain

I clutched my stomach with my bare arms exposed to the chilly air, I could hear punching sounds and grunting. I tightly closed my eyes and prayed as much as I could. And hell, I'm not even that religious.

I turned around and was still in pain. Hoshi was throwing punches at Joshua while he was struggling. I didn't want to see the sight of the two, but my eyes just wouldn't close as much as I wanted them too.

"Stop!" I weakly yelled at the two of them, "This is stupid. Stop hurting each other, it's not going to solve shit!"

Hoshi uncurled his balled fists and looked at me, then at Joshua. "He's right." Hoshi then wiped the back of his hand across his cheek that now had blood.

"We're not done." Joshua pointed at me, as he walked away with an angry presence.

//

i am literally writing this at 2am oops