Detective: Amaro Part 1...

It was one of them famous evening/nights where Nick was out working late yet again.

You had gotten used to the late nights now, especially having been dating him for 4 years.

It never used to bother you at first, but a few weeks ago, you literally just hated being on your own most nights without him, especially in the apartment you shared.

You rarely got to see one another & even when you did, it was mostly in the mornings before he would leave to go work & late at night time when he would get home from work.

There was the odd occasion where he would be home in the evening periods, but that was a once in a blue moon sort of thing.

You loved Nick with all your heart & wanted to continue the relationship as far as it could go, as you didn't want to throw away 4 years with him.

You wanted to confront him, but everytime you tried doing so, he was either really exhausted or late for work.

You decided to yourself that you was going to do it tonight, when he came through the front door.

You sat there on the sofa swallowing hard, taking a deep breath, preparing yourself & hoping this wouldn't go horribly wrong.

You heard the keys from the other side of the door being put into the locks, unlocking the door in the process.

The front door then slowly opened & in came a very tired looking Nick Amaro, who looked like he also had a face of thunder on him.

He threw the keys on the table nearby & took off his coat & jacket, slinging them on a chair to his left.

Y/n: Hey Nick, can we talk please? (you asked nervously)

He took a deep breath before finally acknowledging that you said something to him.

Nick: Huhh, what? I'm exhausted babe. (he sighed loud)

Y/n: Your always exhausted, you never have time for me. (you mumbled to yourself)

Nick: What did you say? (he groaned, knowing something was up)

Y/n: Nevermind, just forget it, just go to bed as usual. (you sighed)

Nick: No wait, what's wrong with you? (he groaned again)

Y/n: You have no clue do you Nick? (you held back the tears)

Nick: Hey I've only just got home, I'm really exhausted, what's going on? (he spoke with a bit of anger)

Y/n: If I really have to spell it out to you, then so be it! (you got up from the sofa)

Nick sensed something was off with the way you was currently acting & with the tone in your voice getting more & more frustrated.

Nick: You really want to pick an argument now? (he groaned louder this time)

Y/n: Yeah, in fact I do, becoz I think it's the only way you'll listen. (you started fighting the tears)

He saw you tense up again & could see something was bothering you, especially if you needed to get it off your chest this bad.

Nick: Would you just tell me what's bothering you becoz I'm tired as hell, you know I've had a long day today. (he sighed again)

Y/n: I don't know if I can do this anymore... (you trailed off, swallowing hard)

With that, Nick's ears soon went in alert mode & his body filled with soo much adrenaline becoz he started fighting back tears of his own.

Nick: What? (he almost choked)