Fifteen. (2021 Update - Small Edit/Rewrite.)

I apologize that I've disappeared the way I did. With the holidays hitting, things got busy at work, and school and I couldn't find the proper time to update, or even write. I hope that you enjoy the chapter. 

-

Fifteen.

After spending most of the morning at the mall with the pack, we returned to the packhouse briefly to drop their things off and change into their training gear. Many members of the Isles pack had taken note that many mothers and pregnant mothers had been changing into their gear, which caused a bit of a problem between the two packs. 

While we didn't always agree with their choices of joining training, we never discouraged them from joining either. It had been their choice from the start, and we never forced them to do anything. When we had finally arrived at the school, I was surprised to see a few elders and council members casually sitting on the bleachers, as well as a few faculty members from the school. While I had been aware of them observing the training, I hadn't expected them to be here before us. 

"Who are they?" Cosima asked, stepping beside me as I leaned against my car. Keeping my attention on the elders and council members - who had already been watching me, I crossed my arms. Were they going to watch to make sure Matt and I didn't go overboard with the training, or were they simply here to ensure that we didn't cause damage? 

"I'm sure you can recognize teachers at your school, but the others are council members and elders," My reply was simple as I pushed off my car just as Matt showed up in the SUV. I watched as several pack mothers got out of the truck, as well as Chloe. I was surprised to see Chloe decked out in Victoria's training gear, but seeing as she would be the pack's Luna, it only made sense for her to wear our gear. 

"But why are they here?" Levi finally made an appearance. Her fingers trailed along my forearm before she laced our fingers together. Giving Levi my attention for a minute, I allowed my eyes to take in the parking lot a bit longer before they landed on a pack I had never seen before. Was this The Deuce pack? My eyes took in the way an older man and woman had been glaring at Levi and Cosima, which caused me to grab hold of Cosima. Pulling the twins closer to me, I could see the distaste in their eyes as they forced their attention away from us.

"Well, I'm under the assumption that they're here to make sure there isn't any damage done to the school, but they may have something far more nefarious planned out - why the fuck do they keep glaring at you," I spoke when I took note of the older man and woman looking at us once more. 

"Alpha and Luna Deuce. They're still pissed off that we broke the mate arrangement with their sons," Cosima spoke, leaning closer into me. Tightening my hold on the girls, I released a small amount of my power, keeping eye contact with Alpha Deuce. I could see that he struggled to maintain eye contact, but it was cut short when Matt grabbed hold of my face.

"Stop playing with that small man. Escort the rest of the pack to the field and hand this paperwork to the elders, council, and school officials," Matt held out a stack of papers towards me, causing me to sigh out and release my hold on the twins. Grabbing the paperwork, I started making my way towards the bleachers. I emitted a whistle that immediately caught the attention of my pack. I listened to the Deuce pack mutter a few things as most of my pack started to follow after me. 

"Once we're on the field, I want each of you to break into separate teams. One team will focus on defense, another on offense. Another hand-to-hand combat three will focus on physical stamina. Two will focus on shifted fighting, and another will focus on mid-shift fighting. I will handle Betas, Alphas, Lunas, and thirds. Is that understood?" Turning my head to look back at the pack, a small smile played at my lips, which caused the rest of the pack to smile in response.