Two. (2021 Update - Small Edits.)

Two.

Allowing the hot water to run down my body, I stood there, forcing myself to process what had happened not even an hour ago. The witch told me I wouldn't find my mate until I was twenty-five, and yet here they were. Giving out a heavy sigh, I reached for my toothbrush and finished off anything I needed to do before I got out. Of course, now that I wasn't forcing myself to focus on this mate issue, I could get out of the shower without a problem. Unlike many other times, I would stay in the shower until all of the hot water was gone. 

Getting out, I wrapped my body in a towel. Next, I began to dry my hair with an extra towel, allowing my long, brown hair to cascade down my body, sometimes sticking to me. Ignoring this, as usual, I got dressed swiftly into a comfortable pair of socks, jeans, and a shirt. I would wear the simple and usually baggy clothes every once in a blue moon to throw the others off, though, to this pack, it was something I had always done. After allowing my hair to air dry, I swept my hair into a bun, allowing my neck tattoo to show as I stepped out of the bathroom. 

Carefully, I made my way towards my bag and began to dig through it, curious about what he actually packed for me. The longer I did this, a slight irritation filled me. He didn't want me playing as the person they knew. He wanted them to see just how much I had changed. Rolling my eyes, I gave out an aggravated sigh and threw the clothes down.

"So that's what you were hiding." I jumped at the unexpected voice and spun on my heels to come face to face Cosima. My eyes darted around the room, searching for the other troublemaker, but I couldn't sense her or even feel her presence in the house, for that matter. I locked eyes with Cosima and watched as a small smile tugged at her plump pink lips. These two have always been tricky when they were younger. It would be a bad idea for me to assume that they've changed that much. 

"Where's Levi, little alpha?" I asked, keeping my eyes on her, only to drag them away when I reached for my shoes so that I could put them on. Then, returning my attention to her as I slipped each shoe on, I brought my right leg up and began to yank the shoelaces until the shoes were tight enough to my liking.

"Probably with her boyfriend," Cosima paused as she noticed my stop in movement. It had been brief, what it was quick enough for her to see the subtle change in what I was doing, "As I should be." Cosima stated. I moved to my left leg and looked at her as I went on with lacing this shoe as well. A smile tugged at my lips as I gazed up at her. So, they both had boyfriends already. Geez, I guess eight years did change a lot for them.

"I remember when you two wouldn't shut up about getting boyfriends," I paused, realizing the way I worded that had seemed rude; standing up from my position, I turned around and began the fold all of the clothes I had gone through from the bag, "You both had this dangerous look in your eyes, as though you were going to con them of everything they had and force them into marriage. It was a great sight to see in your eyes, seeing as you guys were what, ten at the time of this?" 

"Why did you leave Angel?" Cosima asked, changing the subject relatively fast. I had stopped folding the clothes, well aware of how fast the issue had changed and how quickly she had been, to use my birth name in this question. Then, turning around, I fixed my gaze on Cosima, who in turn looked away as though she was a child caught with her hand in the cookie jar. 

I folded my arms, almost as though my body was telling her that was an unfair question to ask, but in a way, it had been, "Is that what they told you?"

"Yeah," She started as she perked up. What did that perk mean? Was Levi back? "They told us you had left. You went away to some fancy college out of state and said you had joined a different pack and that you had met your mate in a said pack," I was silent. Of course, they had an entire story made up, but clearly, there had been a single flaw in their account, seeing as they were both my mates.