Four. (2021 Update - Small Edit.)

Four.

Three hours into my run, I decided it was time to return to the packhouse. Some would think that it's crazy that I would run for three hours, but a lot had happened in the short time of my arrival. Finding my mates, revealing the truth to why I had left, and of course, the sexual frustration that had followed after a very conflicting welcome home from my father. Walking up the stone steps, I had ended up slamming into a few of the teenagers in the pack. I ignored their growls of anger as they called out to me, clearly not liking the idea of me not bowing my head in apology. 

I opened the front door and made a beeline for the kitchen, the music still faintly playing in my earbuds. I had hoped that keeping them in would mean that no one would talk to me. But I guess you couldn't wish for a miracle in this situation. As I had stepped into the kitchen, my eyes took in everyone who had been in here. I had never seen a few pack members, and of course, my parents. My family had been sitting at the island, eating what I had assumed to be their breakfast. 

Ignoring a look that Emily - my mother - had given me, I opened the fridge door and grabbed a bottle of water. The cold liquid felt terrific against my sore hands. Giving out a sigh, I closed the fridge door. I allowed myself the pleasure of consuming the cold water, but this had been short-lived when Emily had yanked my earbuds out of my ear, causing a growl to rumble in my chest. The idea of her touching me caused a sudden rage in me to grow, but I knew I couldn't do anything. Ignore it, Romeo; she's not worth the trouble, I chanted to me. A look of annoyance had consumed Emily's features as she placed her hand firmly on her hips and leaned on one leg a bit more than the other.

"Where have you been? Alpha Isles has been looking for you." Emily asked one question and made a statement. It was a common thing with her the more you knew her. She was either full of demands, questions, or comments. Something that anyone would become tired of after some time.

Taking another sip of the water in my hand, I kept eye contact with Emily as she narrowed her eyes at me. A small smile tugged at my lips from this as I slowly pulled the bottle away from my lips, then proceeded to twist the cap back on slowly. The annoyance in my mother's eyes grew as her jaw locked into place, telling me that I had very much so struck a nerve, "Doing one of the many things I am good at, Emily," I replied with vain just as Valentine and Ezra walked into the kitchen. Their eyes had seemed to brighten up at the very sight of me as they both continued to make their way in, possibly to feed themselves as anyone would when they stepped into the kitchen.  

"There you are, Romeo," Valentine started as his blue eyes gazed at me intently, almost as though he was studying my body, taking in just how much sweat-drenched over my godly-toned - if not chiseled body. While this inner statement may have been a bit cocky, it was what I was taught to do to build my confidence. Every so often, I had to remind myself just how beautiful I indeed was in my own eyes, "A package came for you while you were gone. I hope you don't mind that Ezra signed for it. It was a rather large package, but we managed to get it in your room with ease." My eyes narrowed in on Ezra and Valentine as I thought about what would come to me here? 

This had only been day two of my arrival, and I hadn't had my address legally switched to here yet. I bowed my head and left the room. Whatever it was, it must have been from Matt. He had been the only person in the pack who actually knew the address here, well, aside from her, but she wasn't even anywhere near this state. Walking up all three flights of the stairs, I had finally managed to get to my room, and there it was. A large, bulky, overstuffed box sat on my bed, daring me to act like a child on Christmas morning. Urging me to tear it open, message Matt and ask him, 'What's in the box?'. 

Closing the door behind me, I kicked my shoes off. I made my way towards the box, my eyes taking in the postage stamps, telling me that the supernatural system had intercepted this. That would explain how it had gotten here so fast. A smile on my lips grew as I reached my hand out and opened the box with ease. My eyes took in the large pile of clothes, but even I knew I didn't have this many clothes.