Chapter 6

Michael's P.O.V

Ashton told me he felt it again.. The feeling of disappointment and hate. Maybe the worst thing about it was that he was disappointed in himself, that he hated himself sometimes.. It always made me feel sad. Why would someone who was so amazing deserve to hate himself!? Why did the people send all the hate to him!? They all know he cut, they all know how sensitive he is but they still send all the hate towards HIM! 

"Mikey..?" 

Ashton's weak voice enters my ears. I quickly look at him. He holds the sleeves of his sweater tight in his hands while he let himself face the ground, making his beautiful, curly hair fall over his beautiful face. How could they! How could they make him so broken! 

A "sorry" followed after and i heard another quiet sob from Ashton.

"No, sorry Ash, tell me, what's the matter?"

"I...i can't.."

"please try!"

"They want me to stop... stop  with walking, stop with breathing, stop with being a waste of air and space, stop with living..."

With every word he said it made me feel like a knife had stabbed me in the heart.

Stop with living...

Suddenly i stop walking. Ashton's puffy eyes peek through his now hanging curly hair to see why i stopped. 

"sorry.." he whispers again. 

For the first time ever a tear is making its way down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away with the palm of my hand, hoping Ashton didn't notice. I pull my hood even further over my head. Then i grab Ashton's arms, put my thumb under his chin and make him look up. He looks at me, and suddenly he bursts out in loud, unconditional sobs. 

"stop crying Ashton" I try.

"Stop it, it's fine, you aren't a waste of space! You're amazing!" 

Ashton's sobs only became louder and louder. 

"STOP IT! NOW!" I scream at Ashton. 

He immediately stops crying. He hides his face in his hands and runs away from me.  I have just enough time to grab hold of his wrist, making him scream in pain. I quickly pull my hand back. 

Did he cut himself again? i quickly think while my eyes  follow Ashton

"Shit, sorry Ashy! i didn't meant to hurt you! Please come back!"

I see Ashton running over the street and nearly getting hit by a car, A loud horn makes me jump and sets me off running after Ashton. Ashton has nearly made it to Niall's house whilst i'm still running at the other side of the street.. Hopefully Niall could calm him down...

Niall's P.O.V

Just when i want to return back to the field i hear someone sobbing and knocking on my door. I run downstairs, hoping it's Debby who ran after me to comfort me. When i open the door i see the one i didn't wanted to see.. Ashton. Just before i want to scream at him and throw the door shut right in his face he jumps in my arms and cries out on my shoulder. 

"I'm so sorry Niall!"  He screams while he lets out a big sob.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry for ruining your life!"

I didn't know how to respond.. Was Ashton depressed or something? Normally people wouldn't say something like this right?

"Ruining my life?" was  the only thing i managed to say.