Chapter 31

Debby's P.O.V

"Please! I promise we won't do anything!" i screamed to my parents, trying to convince them for the 100st time.

"Debby, it's the other side of the world! What if something will happen to you?" My mum shot back as she sat down next to my dad.

"They have parents too, you know.. And they also have bodyguards!" I tried once more as i fell down on the chair at the other side of the table.

I saw my parents giving each other looks , but they didn't seem very convinced.

"Can we at least meet the guy first?" My dad asked

I nodded as i grabbed my phone as soon as i could

"When do you want to meet him?" i asked

"As soon as possible, so i think tomorrow is alright" my dad answered

I immediately dialled his number and as soon as he answered, my heart started beating faster than it ever did.

"H.. hey" i stuttered

"Hey Deb! What's up?" Ashton answered happily

"Well, ermm, would you like to have dinner at my place tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure, sounds fun!"

"See you then!"

"Bye honey!"

"Bye Ash.." i said whilst blushing fiercely.

My parents gave me a confused look, but i just ignored it

"He's coming" Was the first thing that came into my mind

"What was his name again?" My mum asked before she disappeared into the kitchen to probably check what was left in the fridge.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin, and i swear he's amazing!"

Suddenly my phone rang, causing me not being able to hear the comment my dad made on the fact that i called Ash amazing.

"Hello?" I said as i tried to sneak up our old, creaking stairs.

"Do i have to meet your parents at the dinner?" Ashton blurred out before even saying his name.

"Ashton? Well, yes... otherwise my parents will never let me go with you guys to the other side of the world!"

I heard him swear at Michael who apparently was laughing his ass off.

"What if i'll ruin everything? I've never ever met the parents of a girlfriend! Plus, we're only together for a day! You sure this is a good idea?"

For some reason Ashton words hurt me. I knew he was right, but still... I'd rather heard him say that he was very excited for the dinner and that he couldn't wait to meet the people who raised me.. Sure, i would be extremely nervous to meet his parents, but he could have been a little more positive right?

It was silent for quite a long time. Neither of us said a word, even though i had a lot to say.. I didn't even hear Michael laughing anymore..

Suddenly i heard a beeping sound. When i looked at the display of my phone, i saw that he had ended the phone call.

Tears slowly fell down my cheeks while i fell down on my bed and looked at all those smiling One direction posters. Maybe it wasn't a proper reason to cry, maybe he thought i had ended the phone call a long time ago already, but it still made me feel sad. Also the fact Niall and I got in a fight made me sad. Is our friendship ending? We've never had a fight before, only arguments.. And what about the other guys? What would they think about this whole situation.. I mean, i always hung out with them but when 5sos came into my life i turned all my attention to them...

I looked around my room and suddenly noticed how i replaced my favourite Niall poster with one of 5sos.. I've actually never realised before, as weird as it sounds. Maybe it's also kinda weird that i still kept my One drection posters and merch eventhough they're my friends now, but Niall always told me he thought it was cute as he tried to copy the faces he and the other lads made on the posters. He even gave me posters.. Especially of himself of course, but also some big ones of Liam, Harry, Louis and Zayn.. Every time he would come back from a tour, he had lots of magazines, all in a different languages, which contained a lot of posters and information. We would spread them all over the room and try to pronounce all those weird words the best we could. Niall was always the winner, even though he said i was much better than him.

Was it actually a good idea to date Niall's best friend and risk to ruin our friendship? Was it still possible to just end all of this and continue living my life as it used to be?

Everyone always says you should try new things instead of always doing the same things, but does it always get better? I actually don't believe it can get better than it already is.. I mean, the people who were first only my idols, are my friends now... Would a long distance relationship with a much older guy beat that?

I guess the only thing i still can do is hope...

It's not that i don't like Ashton... He's the most amazing human being i've ever met. And to be honest, he's not that much older, just 2 years. I've also heard he's a great brother and i've seen that he's very well with kids, i mean, my cousins still act like cats when they're at my place, just because they hope Ashton is there..

Maybe i shouldn't complain so much... I think Ashton can make my life indeed even better..