Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

" What? This can't be true. " I said, crying. " Who else escaped? "

" Julie, Kiara, Hunter, and the alpha. The rest died. " he said, hugging me.

" Aunt and uncle. " I said, crying on his chest.

He pulled me to his lap, and rubbed my back comforting me. I guess his wolf was healing. I cried, and cried.

" Why is that happening? " I asked while crying. " My mate is the one responsible for all of this. "

" What? " Xavier asked, looking at me.

" The alpha devil is my mate. I tried telling you that the other day, but then I forgot everything. I knew that when he took me. " I said, crying.

Xavier pulled me closer to him, and said " Don't worry, I will protect you. "

" But you are... " I was cut of by him.

" Injured? Don't worry about that. I am so strong, and my wolf is a good healer. I will be able to protect you, don't worry. " he said, with a smirk.

" Thank you. " I said, hugging him tighter.

" No need, princess. You are my little sister now. " he said, with a smile.

I smiled back, and said " Yes big bro. "

" Now, we have to wake the others. We need everyone if we want to the fighting back. " he said.

" But no one here can fight. They are kids, and pregnant women. " I said, letting go of him, and sitting straight.

" Shit. " he cursed under his breath.

" What can we do? " I asked him.

" I don't know. " he said.

After a while, every one started waking up. Xavier was thinking about a way to keep us safe, but there was no use. No one of us had the ability to fight. Negative energy was placed when they knew about us losing. The alpha, and Julie came back. I heard from them that Kiara and Hunter went to ask for help. All of us kept thinking, and then the alpha said " Me and Xavier would fight since we completed healing. Julie, and the rest stay here. "

" I can't stay here. I am the luna, and I should fight too. " said Julie, drying her tears. She had been crying, because she wasn't able to save her pack.  She continued " I wasn't able to protect my pack that's enough for me. I will protect their kids and females. "

" Love, I know, but you didn't complete your healing. " said the alpha with pleading eyes.

Their bond was perfect. I knew that he wanted her to stay, so she would be as safe as possible. He didn't want her harmed even if that meant that he would die. Sadly, my mate was no where near that. He was the one who put us in danger. He was a devil. All the rumors about him was true. He was heartless, even to me his own mate. How he treated me, and made me feel pain each time I disobeyed him. He was my worst nightmare. However, his wolf wasn't. His wolf was the one who helped me escape. He was effected by the mate bond. 

They kept talking, and then we heard running wolves. I looked at Xavier, and then he said " Alpha, they are here. "

I ran to a corner, and stayed there. I felt like crying. Xavier came to me, and said " Don't cry, sweetie. I will protect you. It is not your mistake. You didn't do anything wrong, so stop crying. I will be back, and show you that you didn't do anything wrong. " he said, with a smile.

I smiled too. It was fake, and he knew it. He dried my tears, and said " I want a real smile."

He started tickling me. I started laughing. He pulled back after a while, and said " That's what I want. Keep laughing, and smiling and don't cry. I told you before, you smile gives hope, so smile more. If I know that you cried, I will come and tickle you again. "

I smiled, and hugged him, and then I said " Stay safe. "

" You too. " he said, and kissed my forehead.

' I may have the worst mate ever, but I sure have the best brother ever. Xavier be safe. ' I thought.

Word count: 1282 ( Sorry, but I had to end it here. Next chapter would be taller, and more eventual.)

Hey guys, what do you think? I know this is the tallest chapter, but its okay, and it is taller than the one before it. So this is much better. A lot has happened here. Xavier came back along with alpha and Julie after they lost. The alpha devil reached the pack house. Wow a lot has happened really. However, the story didn't really start. A lot was still mysterious.

What do you think? Was it a good chapter? Is it better that way? Did I describe enough? Am i taking thing fast? Was the chapter awfully short? Was any part annoying/ boring/ confusing? How can I improve it? Should I add more events? Are the characters well developed? What do you think about the dialogues and the paragraphs? Are they good enough? Am I taking things fast? Give this chapter a scale from 1-10.