Chapter Thirty-Two: If You Say So.

Molly's P.O.V:

"No!" I yelled, straining hard enough against the men that held me back to break out of their grasp. I stumbled forward but regained my balance and ran to Coal, slamming into him and wrapping my arms around him tightly. "No! You don't know what you're getting yourself into!"

His arms gathered me closer, his hands trailing up my spine and into my hair. I could feel his warm breath against my ear, and his cracking voice lowered to a whisper only I could hear. "Remember what you promised me, that even when it seems I am gone for good, you'll wait. Please, don't forget me. For what it's worth, I will always love you."

Before I could tell him anything, I was torn from his arms and dragged away. His deep blue eyes locked with mine until the doors slammed shut behind us. I screamed and yelled, struggled and fought hard against them, but I was weakened to a state where fighting back was almost out of my reach.

"Shut up!" One of the guys growled another set of doors hissed open, blinding sunlight blared into my vision, making me close my eyes and wince.

Since being dragged wasn't going to do any of us favors, I stumbled to my feet and walked behind them, looking back every step and expecting to see Coal being released or suddenly waking up from this nightmare.

Gates opened with a rattle, and suddenly I was thrown out, the men laughed at me as I lost my balance and fell face first in the dirt.

Get back up, Molly. Come on, girl, what happened to all that girl power and girl empowerment? Does being strong mean never breaking down and crying?

I wiped my face free of tears and got to my feet, looking back one last time. He still loves me. And those people have him now. Feeling like my heart was being ripped out of my chest, I turned on my heels and ran, ran as fast as I could down the dirt mountain road, sobbing and stumbling more times than I could count.

You're probably wondering why I'm not flying, or why I didn't freeze that place solid, but I still have the deep purple bruise on my arm from the twenty-four-hour power disabler they had injected me with. I never knew what it felt like to get one till now.

But who knows what they are going to do to Coal. I fell to my knees as my imagination went wild and screamed out his name, I closed my eyes and ran my hands through my tangled hair. Trying to remember the way he smiled at me, how he always smelled like warm spices on a cold day, how his eyes were the color of the Pacific ocean. And his laugh, oh I need to hear him laugh again, I need to tell him that I love him too, that I've always loved him.

And now he may never know.

"Molly! Are you okay?" Charlie was suddenly by my side, kneeling down and putting a hand on my back. "What happened?"

But I couldn't speak, I could barely breathe.

"Anti Gravity is here, he'll know what to do," Charlie said as if that would be comforting to me.

I heard them talking or doing something, but I couldn't understand. Charlie or Ben asked me where Coal was, but I was barely able to answer them.

Suddenly, Ben was kneeling down beside me. He took my hand in his and lifted my chin so I could look at him. "I know it's hard, Molly, but please, I need to know what happened."