Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Trap Is Set.

I have never been more tired than I'd ever been than at this very moment. That doesn't even make sense. See? I am tired.

"Please, can we call it a night?" Charlie asked, groaning and banging his head on the wall.

I huffed loudly and laid a new floor tile in, making sure it synced with the computer and worked properly. "Charlie, we are so close to finished, and I need to finishing this." Apparently, my brain went to sleep already. It was getting close to midnight, and we were a little more than halfway through finishing setting up the new security system at the Headquarters. Oh my fried cheesy pickles, I can't even describe things properly.

Charlie groaned again and slumped on the floor next to me. He was keeping everything off the floor while I worked. All the desks and file cabinets and whatever else that was on the floor had metal on it, allowing Charlie to push everything up with his magnetism abilities. Unfortunately, I've had to recharge him twice, and I was going to need to run really hard into the wall to get enough energy to charge him again.

"But, I'm tired, and I want to go to bed," he mumbled and laid flat on the floor, not so conveniently right on the spot I was going put the next tile in. He was starting to sound like me when I get hangry.

"Dude, just watch that Stars Wars movie on Netflix, that'll keep you occupied." I tried moving him, but he barely budged.

"I already watched it today!" He yelled, sitting up and sighing loudly. "Look, can't I just set everything down on the half of the floor you already finished? I could come really early tomorrow morning and put everything back."

I set the next tile in place and looked at him. "Those desk workers are meticulous, they will know if their desks are off by an inch and then I won't be hearing the end of it, so no, I need you here. Besides, I'm almost done, and I want company."

Charlie moaned and just sat there, watching as I continued installing the tiles, they were part of the new security system I finally finished making. It was even Ben approved. Wait. Did I already mention that?

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, remember how you wanted me to find Black Cobra in those files I collected from the Superhero Club?" Charlie asked.

I frowned. "I forgot all about that. Did you find anything?"

He shook his head. "No record of any super fitting his description, nothing. It's like Bryant just appeared all of a sudden as a superhero with no past or origin. Do you know his powers?"

"Nope. Just keep an eye on him. I don't know what he's got up his sleeve, but it can't be good."

There was a beat of a silence. "So... You never answered my question. Do you forgive Molly?" Charlie asked suddenly.

I sighed loudly and slammed a dark blue tile down. "I don't know, okay? I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out, and right now Molly is the least of my concerns."

"Did you tell your mom about her?"

"No."

"Did you tell your sister about her?"

"Nope. Did I tell you my sister is a tap dancer? She teaches a beginner class for little kids."

Charlie frowned a little and shrugged. "That's cool."