Chapter 9

They're sitting in awkward silence. Stiles' father fiddling with his gun in the corner armchair. Stiles with his hands between his knees, more closed off tha usual. The guy, who apparently is Declan's father, had his face pinched up trying to stare Derek down.

"Why are you here?" Derek says finally asking the question he knew everyone was asking. "To see my son why else?" There's a loud scoff from next to Derek and Stiles is sitting up now, looking at... what's his name.

"Eli, you know you've never given a flying fuck about Declan. You left without a word not even a letter. Declan and I are doing just fine, and we will continue to do fine especially when you leave." Stiles stands up as if he's ready to show him the door.

Eli stands with him and gives Derek a hard look. Derek's face remains the same, unbothered by the aggression coming off the man in waves. They close the door behind him and that's when Stiles finally let's out the breath he was holding.

The day goes on as usual, but Derek feels uneasy. It's something about the way Eli looked and how easily he had given up. Derek knew this wouldn't be the last time he sawvthe man, but he was hoping that he would be smart enough not to end up in a coffin for messing with his son.

His son, Declan who is his son no matter what biology says. He loves Stiles with all his heart and Declan maybe even more.

With one last look at the door, Derek goes and sits down. Trying to take all the horrible things he's thinking about off his mind.

-

Stiles comes home from getting Declan and he automatically runs up to Derek after his feet hit the floor. "Papa! I drawer you a picture!" The little boy yells and launches himself into Derek's lap, pushing the picture so far in his face Derek has to bacm it up so he can actually see it.

He drew a picture of him, Stiles, and of course the cute little boy in between them. All holding hands and smiling on the beach and Derek thinks that it's a remake of their picture in Cancun a few months back.

"I love it Deck. Go hang it on the fridge and put your stuff up." Declan launches off his lap to be obedient and Derek notices Stiles leaning kn the door frame smiling. "Do I get a turn on Papa's lap." He grins walking forward and plopping down in Derek's lap. Derek smirks and pulls his fiancé in for a chaste turned sexy kiss.

"They're will be more of that later if you're good." He says standing up and pushing a dazed Stiles aside.

Stiles just stares after him as he goes to start dinner.

-ITS BEEN FOREVER SORRY BUT SCHOOL IS TIEM CONSUMING DUDES