Chapter 1

Stiles was tired to say the least. He was exhausted from work, and taking care of his kid. Of course his job was very well paying, he couldn't ask for better than owning his own company. But with good pay comes long, hard hours to earn it. 

Traffic as always was a bitch today. But even more so because there was a crash.

He just wanted to cross the damn bridge, and take the exit that nobody else takes so he would finally be out of the cluster of cars .

While at a stalemate in the middle, he looks over at the water only to see a man standing on the ledge.

Before Stiles could even think about his decisions rationally, he was pulling over and hopping out the car.

"Hey man, let's just come down from there." He says, slowly approaching the man who's suprisingly calm for someone who's about to kill them self.

Stiles thinks that's probably what rock bottom looks like.

"How cliche of a line." The guys scoffs, and Stiles is mildly offended, seeing as he's trying to save his life here. "Okay big guy, I don't talk people out of suicide for a hobby so give me a break would you?" He snaps back and earns himself another scoff.

"Why don't you go save somebody who wants to be saved then?" The man says, finally turning to look at Stiles, and he can't help but notice how beautiful the man is.

"I want to save you sweet cheeks." Stiles winks at him and he almost regrets but the guy gives the smallest amused smile. "Oh God." He scoffs once again and Stiles starts to think it's his signature move.

"What do I get if I come down? Other than to excuse my sad excuse of a homeless life that I now have." The man asks when Stiles is silent for too long. "You get a place to stay for as long as you want." Stiles says sincerely and he can see the man think about it long and hard.

They sit up there for another five minutes before he nods and comes down.

"Derek." The man, Derek, says when they get back into Stiles' car. "Stiles." He smiles at him and heads for home.

-

When they pull up to the house, Derek looks as if he is in complete shock. "Well don't look so suprised." Stiles laughs as he takes his seatbelt off.

"You don't even look eighteen." Derek says im what Stiles takes as genuine wonder. "I'm 27 and quite successful might I say." He smiles at Derek and walks towards the house, hoping that was enough to get Derek out and following.

"Daddy! Daddy!" His five year old son shouts as he runs around the corner, from what Stiles suspects is the playroom, and jumps into his arms. "Hey my little nugget, how are you?" Stiles asks happily, sliding Declan onto his hip and spinning around to look at Derek who's standing at the door.

"Deckles, this is Derek and he's going to be staying with us for a little bit." Stiles smiles from his son to Derek who waves witha twinkle of his fingers. "Is this another one of your special friends daddy?" Declan asks, making Stiles choke and Derek grin mischievously. "No baby, it's not. Why don't you get Lyds and we'll talk later." He says setting Declan down and watching him run off to get his Aunt.

Stiles looks at Derek with red stained cheeks and nods for him to follow him to the kitchen.

"Although this is a very lovely home Stiles, I don't think your wife would appreciate me staying here. Along with the troubles of you having 'special friends'. It wouldn't seem right." Derek says and Stiles is so confused he just stares at him for a minute.

"First of all I'm not married or straight." Stiles finally says with a chuckle. "My 'special friends' were previous boyfriends that have met Dec, but aren't in my life anymore." He says and Derek seems to sigh in relief.

Before he can say anything Lydia is walking in and hugging Stiles. "I hate your kid." She murmurs into his shoulder. "You don't hate your nephew." Stiles laughs and squirms out of her grip.

She looks at Derek and then back at Stiles, and then at Derek one last time before glaring. "Lydia Martin. I'm Stiles' sister, bestfriend, only friend, and temporary babysitter." She's trying to intimidate him and Stiles sighs because she might actually run Derek off.

Stiles second guesses that when he sees Derek give her a bored look, but shakes her hand anyway.

"Derek Hale. Former suicidal, and saved by Stiles." He says and it sounds more or less amused. Lydia's expression seems to change and she turns to Stiles who's blushing.

"Stiles-" Lydia starts but Stiles puts his hand up and she quickly shuts up. "We'll talk later." He says in a tone that means they aren't going to talk later.

Lydia sighs again before kissing his cheek and waving her goodbye to Derek.

They stand there in silence until the door shuts and they hear her drive off. "Well dinner tonight is pizza, but I guess I'll show you where you'll be staying." Stiles says, before turning on his heel and heading towards one of the staircases of the double bridal.

They pass at least two rooms before he makes a left turn and they are standing in front of two double doors.

Stiles turns around and smirks before opening the door to what has to be the most beautiful room Derek has ever seen.

"Stiles, I-I can't take your bedroom. You own this house, you should have the master bedroom." Derek admits to Stiles who laughs and shakes his head. "This is just a guest room Derek. I made it more into a master bedroom type for when my dad visits." He shrugs nonchalantly.

Derek walks into the bathroom and it's beautiful, with marble counter tops and a clawfoit tub, adjacent to a large shower. The closet is also walk in and Derek can't pick his jaw up off the floor.

"Stiles, I grew up in a mansion but this beats it by a long shot." He laughs breathlessly and Stiles is looking at him curious. Derek feels it's time to tell him some truth.

"I bet you're wondering how I ended up homeless huh?" He laughs nervousky and Stiles nods his head hesitantly.

"My family used to own a perserve in California, and we kept wolves in one part of it. It was kind of like a wolf sanctuary you could say. Those wolves were my family's treasure, almost like anybody else's family would have an heirloom.

"One day after my basketball game in high school, an older lady came up to me and was flirting with me. I was only 16 to her 24, so of course me being the horny little rat I was, didn't care. I didn't think that she would try to burn my whole family alive and kill almost half of our wolves.

"They all survived but they hated me, everyone but my sister Laura. She moved us out to New York when she got accepted into college and volunteered to take care of me." Derek stops to clear his throat and walks back into the bedroom, Stiles in tow, and they sit on the bed before he starts again.

"Kate had recently contacted me, and said she found us and she was going to come after us. She had been doing it for weeks and finally I texted her back and Laura somehowa saw and she spazzed on me. She kicked me out with nothinh but the clothes on my back and never went after me. All my stuff and my car is still at her apartment and she has never tried to look for me." He's trying toblink back the tears but Stiles grabs his chin to make him look at him.

"It's not your fault Derek. She was wrong and you were just trying to keep her safe. Tomorrow we'll go over there and get your stuff and bring it back here." Stiles smiled at Derek who looked confused.

"You'd still let me stay here even though i'm technically not that homeless?" Stiles nodded and Derek smiled. "You're too good for anybody in this world." Derek says and he doesn't really mean to say it out loud it just happened.

Stiles blushes, and they sit there silently staring at each other until they both hear Declan screaming for his father. "I should um go. He's probably just hungry." Stiles smiles nervously, and squeezes Derek's shoulder before leaving quickly head ducked trying and failing to hide his ever growing blush.

Derek can't get those honey brown eyes out of his mind.

-this is only the beginning my lovelies