Chapter 8

2 years later

It's two years later and Declan is getting ready for his first day of first grads. "Papa, I want to wear the Batman shiry like Daddy." Declan said excitedly, jumping around in his underwear as Derek tried to get him dressed.

"Okay bud, get your jeans on and find your belt, while I find your batman shirt." He turned to his son's drawers digging through the messy thrawl of clothes.

After he found the shirt, he put it on Declan, along with his shoes, and sent him downstairs so he could get dressed.

Walking into his and Stiles' room the last thing he expected was for his fiancé to still be in bed. "Babe, why aren't you dressed or even getting ready." Derek said coming closer to the bed to rub his hand into Stiles' hair.

"I took off, I'm not feeling too gnarly." Stiles groaned, bumping hisbhead into Derek's hand when it stopped. "Awe my poor baby. I'm gonna run you a bath and then take Declan to school. On the way back I'll grab some sick day stuff and I'll take care of you." Derek said while he moved to pull the covers up on Stiles some more.

Stiles smiled a little and closed his eyes. "I can't wait to marry you." He whispers before finally relaxing back to sleep. Derek's stomach is fluttering even after he gets down stairs to Declan.

"Papa, why are your cheeks all red?" His son asks confused. "Cause your Daddy makes me happy buddy." Derek says after a moment and Declan smiles sweetly, before grabbing Derek's hand so they could leave.

-

Derek was pulling into the house when he saw a Sheriff's car out front. Immediately he panicked and grabbed the groceries to run inside. What he sees is John and Stiles having coffee. Stiles bundled up and laughing into his cup.

"What's wrong son? You look like you saw a ghost." John said amusedly and Derek can't help but laugh at his self. "Sorry thought there was an emergency or something, wasn't really thinking." He sets the groceries down and losses Stiles cheek and hugs John.

"How are you Derek?" He asks and Derek shrugs and smiles. "Can't say I've been feeling anything less than happy for a while." Stiles smiles at him after that and they share a look. "I'm right with you on that." They all laugh and talk about things in Beacon Hills, and how John's wife, Melissa, is doing.

From the first time he and John met, they'd been like bestfriends. John was of course very defensive of his son, like every father should be, but warmed up to him only hours after. Stiles knows that it's mostly because he saw how Derek was around Declan.

The Sheriff is a sucker for anything that has to do with his grandson, and Declan loved Derek so in turn, John loved Derek too.

They even texted eachother throughout the day.

Stiles doesn't mind the whole situation one bit. He's happy that his dad actually loves the man he plans to marry in only a couple of months. Thinking about marriage has him looking at the silver band on his finger. Derek had done it in such a beautiful way and Stiles will never forget it.

He and Declan had been at the mall looking for a Valentine's Day present for Derek. Declan kept asking him what time it was and looking over his shoulder. Stiles didn't really think of it as anything, he always did the same so he assumed it was just a habit he had picked up from Stiles.

Stiles had let go of his hand for only a second and when he turnsd around Decln was darting away.

"Declan! Declan, what the hell?!" When he had rounded the corner to a section where the mall opened up into a big light filled area Declan was standing there with Derek. "Derek?" He started walking towards both of them when a banner dropped open from the second floor. Stiles covered his moth when he saw what was written on the banner.

'Will you marry me Stiles' written across it beautifully. He looked at Derek who was now kneeling down ring box in his hand, the silver band gleaming with diamonds.

"Yes! Yes, oh my God yes! Yes forever!" Stiles burst out, laugjibg and rushing to hug his new fiancée to him tightly.

He heard a pop and then there were millions of rose petals scattered around them and people cheering loudly. Declan ran up to them both, Derek picking him up while he slipped the ring onto Stiles' finger.

"Are you and Daddy gonna be together forever now Papa?" He asked curiously moving the ring around Stiles' finger.

"Forever and ever buddy." Derek smiled and Stiles kissed him softly and then all over Declan's scrunched up face from seeing them kiss.

The video got posted on social media and they were famous for weeks.

Stiles wakes up from his daze to still see his Dad and Derek talking.

"When do you want me to go pick up Declan?" Derek asks, as he moves to put the groceries away in their rightful place. "It's gonna be a while it's only ten baby." Stiles says trying to help but Derek shoos him away. "Your sick bub, just sit and finish your tea I got it." He said softly kissing Stiles' pouty lips since John left to go in the living room.

"Fine, but I could have totally done it." Stiles whines making Derek laugh at his silly fiancée.

While putting the groceries away the doorbell rings. He goes to get it before Stiles can even think to get up. When he opens it there's a man at the door and he looks shocked when he opens the door.

The man is about as tall as his him, maybe shorter. He has sharp cheekbones and sort of dirty blonde hair, that almost looks brown to him. He's good looking but Derek has no idea who this is.

"Hi can I help you?" Derek asks politely and he still looks confused but answers anyways. "Uh yea, I'm looking for Stiles." He says and before he can call for him Stiles is opening the door wide to insert himself.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Stiles snaps and the guy only flinches a little, but he must be more shocked then he let's off because he doesn't answer. "Baby, who is this?" Derek asks when nobody is saying anything. Stiles sighs and rubs his temples for a moment before he can answer. "He's Declan's biological father." Stiles sighs finally and Derek feels like throwing up.

He knew this day would eventually have to come, but he didn't expect it this soon.

-It's about to get interesting my little nuggets