Chapter 2

The next day, Stiles made good on his promise and they were heading over to Laura's by noon, and Declan was at preschool. "I can't go in." Derek chokes out from the passenger seat. "Derek, you have to if you want your clothes, and the rest of your belongings." Stiles sighs and looks over at Derek who looks back at him with a pouty face.

"Fine," He says when Stiles doesn't let up on his stare,"but you're coming with me." Derek declares at the same time he gets out of the car.

Stiles sighs before getting out and following Derek up to his sister's loft.

When they get up there Derek pulls a spare key from on top of the door. He unlocks it and swings the door open slowly, looking around. They walk in slowly and Derek concludes that she isn't home.

"Stay down here and I'm gonna go up to my room and get my stuff." Derek says and Stiles nods, watching him walk off before looking around the loft curiously.

Derek's just going into the ensuite when he hears a deep voice shout, "Who the fuck are you?!" and realizes that it's Laura's dickhead of a boyfriend. He also realizes he left Stiles who is three times smaller down there with a giant.

Derek darts out of the room, and down the steps only to see Laura's boyfriend pinned on the ground, Stiles' knee in his back holding his wrists with one hand.

At that moment Laura dashes in and freezes when she sees Derek.

Stiles releases her boyfriend and backs up to stand by Derek.

"Derek, what the fuck are you doing here?" Laura growls as she helps Hank (Derek thinks his name is) up. "I'm getting my shit Laura." He rolls his eyes and walks back up the steps, Laura hot on his heels already shouting.

Stiles looks over at her boyfriend and holds out a hand. "I'm Stiles." He smiles and the guy scoffs but takes his hand anyway. "Henry." Henry says and his voice is so deep Stiles' ears vibrate.

"So what's your position on endangered pandas?"

-

"Derek, where the fuck do you think you're going?!" Laura screams at him watching him pack his thibgs into duffles and suitcases.

"With Stiles, who by the way saved me from committing suicide." Derek growled back and Laura flinched so hard one would have thought she was pushed. But before Derek could catch her off guard she went back to being angry.

"God! You're so selfish!" She shouts one last time before leaving and Derek can't help the tears brimming his eyes.

A few minutes later when he's packing up the last of his books and laptop, Stiles walks in.

"You about ready?" He asks nervously, knowing that tensions are high and Derek's upset. Derek nodded silently and Stiles walked in further to grab some of his bags.

They make there way downstairs and Laura watches him walk out the door with what Stiles think is regret.

Once everything is in Stiles' jeep and packed Derek closes the trunk and gets in the passenger seat without a word.

"So I know this really great burger place if you're hungry?" Stiles said, trying to lighten the mood enought that Derek would at least talk to him.

When Derek grins at him and nods his head, Stiles' stomach flutters in a way he doesn't want to explore. So he starts his jeep and pulls off before he does something stupid.

Like kiss Derek's adorable face.

-

They arrive at the diner and before Stiles can get out Derek grabs his hand. Stiles turns back slowly and sees that Derek is smiling softly at him.

His heart is beating out of his chest and he really wishes he could remember how to speak English.

Derek doesn't say anything but his face is saying enough, and Stiles nods and smiles back in understanding.

When they into the parlor, Stiles is greeted with a bear hug by a curly haired man. "Hey Isaac." He laughs joyfully, hugging the taller man back harder.

As they pu away Isaac spots Derek and his whole mood changes. "How do you, uh, know Derek?" He asks Stiles, and Stiles looks towards Derek and then back to Isaac, obviously confused.

"We're, you know, old friends." Stiles lies and Derek gives him a small smile to thank him, without actually having to speak.

Isaac scoffed and put on a fake smile, while leading them to their tables.

Derek pulled out Stiles' seat and received a blinding smile in return. He heard Isaac clear his throat and sat down in his own chair quickly.

They ordered and Isaac took their orders without even looking at Derek. Stiles didn't seem to notice so maybe Derek was overreacting.

As they waited for their ice cream, Stiles kept up the conversation and Derek tried to respond as much as possible.

He was zoning out alot and Stiles must have been paying attention, because he didn't ask too many direct questions.

Finally their ice cream came, but this time it wasn't Isaac. Stiles shrugged at Derek and they dug into their ice cream.

Isaac was nowhere to be found the rest of their visit and even on their way out.

The drive home was light and happy, again with Stiles keeping ul conversation as he drove.

Derek felt at peace for the first time in while.

-update ;)