Chapter 7

It's four in afternoon once they pull away from eachother because Stiles had gotten a call. While Stiles answered the call Derek went to turn out some lights before he heard Stiles gasp loudly. He rushed back into the office to see Stiles gathering his stuff quickly and rushing downstairs.

Derek grabbed his stuff and followed behind him. "Stiles, what's going on?" Derek called after him as he started to catch up. "Declan's at the hospital." He said as he tried to blink back the tears in his eyes so he could find his keys.

"Get in I'll drive." Derek said after grabbing the keys out of Stiles' pockets. Silently they piled in to his car and Derek sped off, barely avoiding three tickets.

When they got to the hospital everything seemed to move so fast and before he knew it they were staring at Declan in a hospital bed. His snall body had scattered bruises and his arm was in a cast. Stiles was listening as the doctor explained that Declan was pushed down a slide by one of the kids at the daycare.

Stiles rubbed at his temples frustratedly and Derek turned back to Declan. He rubbed through the boys hair when he started to stir.

"Papa where's daddy?" Derek froze and stepped back when Stiles noticed his son woke up.

"Oh Deckles." Stiles cried and hugged the young boy as best he could while he was in the bed. "Daddy, my head hurts." Declan whined, and that's when the doctor stepped in causing Derek to step back further until he was standing quietly in the corner.

They were able to check Declan out that night and take him home. Derek drove and picked up some fast food for them to eat when they got home.

The ride was quiet and the silence continued on through the night until bedtime.

"I can sleep in my room daddy, promise." Declan said as he pulled the covers up around his shoulders more. "Okay baby. I love you and sweet dreams." Stiles said kissing his forehead softly and ruffling his hair with a smile.

Derek was leaned against the doorframe with a soft smile and was turning to follow Stiles down the hall. "Papa! You didn't kiss me goodnight." Declan called after him. He froze for second before deciding to play it cool and walked back over to Declan.

"Goodnight sweet boy feel better." Derek smiled genuinely at the beaming boy after kissing his forehead the same as Stiles did just moments before.

They made it to Stiles' room, the younger man going to the bathroom whike Derek stripped next to the bed.

Stiles comes out a few minutes later and leaned against the doorframe, with what Derek knew as his thinking face.

"Do you care about Declan?" He asks and ut throws Derek of because that's the last thing he thought he would be asked. "More than alot of things I've cared about in life. He's the sweetest kid I've ever met and he's so selfless and caring at such a young cage. He's a special kid. He's special to me and so are you. You guys are the happiest things I've had in my life for a while now." Derrk admits and he sees Stiles' posture and face soften up before he makes his way to the bed.

He crawls up to kneel on it so he's face to face with a still standing Derek. Slowly, Stiles grabs his face and kisses him. It's everything a kiss should be: passionate, loving, heated, and full of emotion.

They pull away, and Derek chases his lips for a few more last pecks.

"You're special to us too." He says simply and they crawl under the covers to rest for the night, after a long, eventful day.

-

Derek woke up in to small hands patting his face and rubbing through his beard. He opened his eyes to see Declan, sitting on his knees between he and Stiles, and focused on playing with Derek's face.

"Declan, what are you doing?" He asked making Declan giggle as his cheeks moved under his hands. "Playing with your face Papa."  The small boy said still laughing as he stretched Derek's cheeks out.

Derek stuck his tongue out and wiggled it, while crossing his eyes. Declan laughed even louder causing Stiles to stir and turn over to look at them.

"Daddy!" Deckan shouted and launched himself onto Stiles. His cast not stopping his usual hyper mood. "Hey my sweet boy. How are you feeling?" Stiles asked wrapping his arms around his son who was now laying against his chest. "I feel okay daddy." He answered sleepiky and Derek smiled.

"Well you two it is still very early, so maybe we should go back to sleep." Derek suggested and Declan nodded squirming till Stiles let him go so he could squeeze back in between them.

He was asleep within seconds and when Derek looks away from him to look at Stiles he's sleep too. Derek swings an arm across them both and smiles as he closes his eyes.

-

When he opens his eyes again Stiles and Declan are gone but he can hear music downstairs, and he smells what has to be bacon.

He layed down and smiled remembering the msweet moment they had this morning. Derek hadn't felt that family feeling in so long. After basking in his happiness a little, he brushed his teeth and headed downstairs.

Declan was coloring at the table humming to himself, while Stiles finished up the pancakes and started to plate them and the other food on three plates.

"Goodmorning sleepy head." He turned and smiled at him. Derek walked towards the stove and gave him a sweet kiss and chased after his lips when he tried to pull away. "Go sit down you nuisance." Stiles laughed and slapped his butt when he walked away.

"Goodmorning Declan." Derek said to the small boy as he leaned down to kiss his forehead. "Morning Papa, do you like my coloring?" The boy asked with wide eyes and Derek nodded and smiled. "Let's hang it on the fridge after breakfast." Declan beamed at that and nodded so hard, Derek thought he would hurt his little neck.

Just then, Stiles brought over the plates along with syrup and butter. They ate their happiest breakfast that morning. Declan talking and giggling so fast that Derek and Stiles hardly knew what he was saying.

After finishing their breakfast they went to the theater room to have a movie day. Stiles and Declan went upstairs to get bunches of blankets and pillows, while Derek was on snack duty.

In the pantry Stiles had stacks of candy, cupcakes, cookies, sodas, and every type of sweet a kid could imagine. Derek grabbed the sweetest sweets he could find and put the bunch in a bag to take back to the boys. When he arrived with the snacks they had already settled in.

Derek made his way to the other side of Declan so they could squish him in on the giant bean bag, that fit the three of them comfortably.

"Daddy look at all the sweets." Declan cried out, eyes wide and crazy as he grabbed at the food. "Yea your Papa went a little crazy didn't he?" Stiles scolded Derek with a look and he just shrugged with a smile.

They settled in for their movie marathon. Derek's arm swung across Declan but still able to hold Stiles' hand, and rub through his hair occasionally. They were happy with their little family they created in such a short time.