Chapter 17

Caroline's POV

Damien and I are walking by the cold streets of LA and we stumbled upon a dimly-lit park. We sat on a bench and rested for a while. "We walked pretty far from the car." He mentioned. "Yeah, it's okay as long as I'm here with you, everything's good." I said. He smiled and hugged me very tightly. "What's the hug for?" I laughed. "I'm just freaking lucky to have you. I feel so valuable." He said. "Well, you are worth it. You're special to me, Daymes. As a friend or a partner, I'm glad we crossed paths." I said returning the favor by kissing him on the cheek. He rested his hands on my cheek and leaned in. As our lips collided all I can ever feel is warmth and the purest love from him. He's the only person who could ever make me feel this way. "You wanna go back to my apartment?" He asked. I nodded, seductively. Oohhhh. Is this where I think is going? Am I even ready? Damien texted someone, probably Shayne saying that I'll stay at their apartment for the night. I don't know, should I look? As a curious person, I glanced secretly on his phone and... yes it is indeed Shayne. I was right.

We walked back to the street where we parked the car and got in. I immediately connected my phone to the Aux cord and played "No one else comes close by Joe"

(A/N: I never knew you could attach links from youtube hehehe so here's the song just in case you wanna listen to it. I'm sorry I have an old soul.)

When we turn out the lights, The two of us alone together
Something's just not right but girl you know that I would never ever let another's touch come between the two of us 'cause no one else will ever take your place

No one else comes close to you, No one makes me feel the way you do
You're so special girl to me, And you'll always be eternally
Every time I hold you near, You always say the words I love to hear
Girl with just a touch, you can do so much, No one else comes close
Whoa, oh girl, oh

And when I wake up to the touch of your head on my shoulder
You're my dream come true Oh, girl you know I'll always treasure
Every kiss, every day I love you girl in every way
And I always will 'cause in my eyes

No one else comes close to you, No one makes me feel the way you do
You're so special girl to me, And you'll always be eternally
Every time I hold you near, You always say the words I love to hear
Girl with just a touch, you can do so much

Oh baby baby, no one else comes close to you, No one makes me feel the way you do
You're so special girl to me, And you'll always be eternally
Every time I hold you near, You always say the words I love to hear
Girl with just a touch, you can do so much, No one else comes close
No one else comes close, Damn I love you

I looked at Damien and whispered to myself, "Damn, I really love you." He kept his eyes on the road and sang to the song. I love his voice, it's very dreamy. It's like a drug, once you hear it you'll want more of it.

Few moments later, the car came to a stop. Damien rushed to open my door, "M'lady" he said, offering his hand for me to grab. I took it and kindly answered him, "Thank you, kind sir" he closed the door behind me and intertwined our arms. Looking for the keys in his back pocket, I looked at him with pure bliss and noticed the structure of his face. The way he squints when he tries to see something far, his dimples, that shows when he smiles, along with the wrinkles between his mouth and forehead. I don't mind at all, that's the man I am dating, and I'm freaking proud of it.

I didn't even noticed that he was leaning to me, I closed my eyes expecting for a kiss but instead I got a whisper saying, "I found the keys." That earned him a laugh from me. We went inside his apartment, leaving the shoes on the side of the door as he questioned my gesture. "I always do that, It's in my blood." Yes, we Filipinos don't bring our slippers or shoes inside the premise because we use them outside and that would transport more germs inside the house. I don't know personal hygiene? Anyway...