Chapter 16

Caroline's POV

Tonight's the night. Damien and I will be having dinner. I don't know where and it makes me nervous. It's currently 6 pm and he said he'd pick me up at 7:30 pm. That's enough time. I texted Damien and asked what to wear for tonight. He responded, "Something formal. It's nice to see you more elegant than ever, my love." He never fails to make me blush. I turned my phone off and charged it just in case. I went to the bathroom and took a relaxing shower. As I hum the song 'Make you feel my Love by Adele', I kept thinking... what happened to Damien? Is he really okay? He seemed frustrated before at the office, somethings bugging him. I don't know what I should do, should I just leave it be or ask about it? If I ask about it, he might think I want to get in the way but if I don't maybe he'd just assumed that I really don't care, but I do. Sigh.

I got out of the shower and blow-dried my hair, I put it up on a messy bun and did my make up as per usual. I picked the most decent dress I own. A pinkish nude off shoulder dress. (a/n: I don't what it's calledbut here's a picture of her.)

I look decent enough

I look decent enough... yeah. This will do. I paired it with my black 6-inch wedge heels. It might sound like a pain in the ass but I can assure you, it's not. As if on cue, I heard a knock on the door. I looked at the clock and it's 7:25 oohhh. Someone's a bit early. I grabbed my purse and opened the door to reveal a... Shayne? "Shayne? What are you doing here?" I asked, "I feel like something bad is gonna happen later between the two of you. He's been having this headache for the whole day and I don't think it's normal." He said, "What do you mean?" I asked. "All I'm saying is be careful, please. He's in a rough phase and you're the only one who can make him sane than ever." He said. He entered the premise and sat on the couch. "I'll just stay here and wait for Keith." He said. I nodded and opened the door to see Damien with a White Rose. I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you for the rose." I said, he smiled and looked behind me to notice Shayne. "Hey, wat'cha doing here, bud?" He asked. "I'm waiting for Keith we'll be watching 'Train to Busan'." His bset friend answered. "Oh. Okay."he muttered. "Have fun, love birds." Shayne shouted as I close the door. I looked at Damien and giggled, as he smiled. He's so damn cute.

We got out of the building and went inside his car, well technically Shayne's. He opened the door for me and I thanked him. He ran to his side and sat on the Driver's seat. I put my seatbelt on as I instructed him to buckle his on. Shayne warned me that something bad might happen so why not play safe. I don't want to believe him but I've been having this bad feeling so maybe it's true. Damien started driving and the whole session was very quiet, and not in a pleasing way. I looked at him and held his free hand, I saw him tensed up and glanced at me. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm good." He answered a bit doubtful. "Are you really okay, Damien?" I asked softly. He stopped the car in the side of the road, "If I told you I'm okay, I'm okay. Please. Just stop." He said angrily. I gulped. I've never been shouted before and that was very unexpected, especially when it came from him. He continued driving to the restaurant, and I looked at the road with tears on my eyes. He stopped the car again and touched my shoulder. "I'm sorry for shouting at you. I'm just tensed up." He said. I didn't looked back at him and rested my head on the head-rest. I grabbed a napkin from my bag and quickly wiped the tears from my face. Thank god I used waterproof make up tonight.

"Hey, Lin. I'm really sorry. I understand if you're mad at me." He said. He noticed that I wasn't talking to him so he just continued driving. By 8 o' clock pm, we are now entering 'The Arsenal Restaurant' "Reservations for Haas please." The lady looked up and guided us on our table. When we got to our table I quickly sat on the chair, not even waiting for Damien to do those gentleman gestures. A waiter came by and asked if we would like to order champagne, I nodded as Damien looked at me. "Don't worry I'll pay for it." I said, he looked at me and said, "No, I will. Take it as an apology for hurting you before." I looked at him and observed him, he was not his usual self. And that bugged me, I mean I can accept what he might become but something seems off. "Can you tell me what's bothering you, Damien? Please I want to know. I want to help." I pleaded. He was about to say something when the previous waiter came with the champagne and asked for our order. "I'll get a Margherita Pizza." I said as Damien ordered the Shrimp Scampi. The waiter took off and I looked back at Damien and gave his time to explain.

"I don't know what happened that this sudden change has turned my world upside down. I don't know exactly what it is, it just hit me, but there is something really special about you. It might be all the things I see on the surface, the things that everyone notices and admires about you, qualities, capabilities and a wonderful smile obviously connected to a warm and loving heart; these things set you apart from everyone else." He started, I smiled. "You were the best thing that ever happened to me, and I think I'm not worthy to have you." He said as he looked down at his hands. I grabbed his hand and looked at him. "Hey. Don't say that. You were the best thing that ever came in my life. This week has been filled with drama and we need to cool off. What about if we go hiking next week?" I said. He looked at me with hope, "I'd like that." He said. "I love you, Damien. I know it's foo soon to have a relationship with someone you met about a week ago but I trust you so much." I said. He smiled at me, "I trust you too." He said.

Damien's POV

I'm terribly sorry but I can't just ruin this night with my wrong doings. The momentum is not right, there will be other days but now is not the one. She is very innocent, very pure, cery vulnerable. I don't want to break her. I really love her, but I still have these strong feelings towards Regine. I can't break someone who trust me, It's like trusting a thief not to steal. I need to end things with Regine, yet again we don't have something to begin with. We had something and I will continue to hurt Lin if I didn't cut off my connections with Regine. Why am I such a douche. I don't deserve Lin. Who should I let go? Caroline or Regine?

END OF CHAPTER 16

Hello!!!! I'm terribly sorry for the late upload, I was doing school works and also, I've started a youtube channel. I hope you enjoyed this one. Make sure to vote and leave a comment, please. I wanna read feedbacks from the viewers of the story. Also! CONGRATULATIONS FOR ALMOST 2000 views. I love you all! ❤️ and as always, see you all on the next chapter 😋