Chapter 7: Parties. A home for drunk teenagers

Josh smirked as her breathing hitched, her eyes widening as he inched forward until he was mere centimeters from her face.

"You're hot when you're sassy" he whispered as she continued to have a nervous breakdown. casually.

"I... um..." she mumbled back incoherently, she had nothing to say, as even if she did, she wouldn't be able to say it. What was she doing?

Josh chuckled as her cheeks flushed crimson "good to know" he nodded, and Katie's forehead creased in confusion.
"What?" she asked, bewildered. Josh got even closer, if that was possible, and Katie was pushed up against the wall behind them. There as no way out.

"mmn, you like me" he stated, it wasn't a question, but Katie answered it anyway.

"I do not, you conceited, egotistical je-"
"So you wouldn't mind if I kissed you then? you wouldn't be affected by it?" Josh replied, staring into her eyes for a moment, then flitting his gaze quickly down to her lips.

Katie didn't answer. she couldn't, she could barely breathe.

Josh took that as a yes and he began to close the distance between them.

-----------------
24 hrs earlier:
________________

"You have to go!" Danni demanded, placing her hands on her hips. She wouldn't take no for an answer. God she was good at arguing - that's not a good thing though, pretty irritating at times actually.

"No, no, no. not a chance. never. not in a million years" Katie replied stubbornly, there was no chance in hell she was going to a party, and that was final. Danni couldn't make her.

She would NEVER go to high school party, with the cheap booze, horny teenagers grinding on the dance-floor and the chance of entering a room with.. never mind.

It wasn't really her scene, to be honest.

So that was why she was definitely not going, no matter what.

"I'll buy you a tub of ice cream" Danni negotiated cleverly.

"Deal."

-----------------

6 hrs earlier

_________________

" I should have asked for 2 tubs" Katie muttered as Danni waltzed around the room in a short red dress with a black collar and red stilettos. it looked hot on Danni but Katie could never pull it off.

Katie didn't really own any party outfits, either. She couldn't show up in sweats and a hoody, So they had a problem.

"Don't be such a sourpuss Katie, we are going to go to this party, we are going to get drunk, get boys and have a good time" Danni sang, pumped and ready to go.

"I don't really have much of a choice" Katie replied sarcastically, but Danni didn't notice. was she drunk already?

Probably.

"That's the spirit" Danni shouted, as Katie clamped her hand over her friends mouth to keep her quiet.

Eventually, Katie managed to find something to wear. She kept it low key, wearing a floaty lace blue dress with cute cream wedges. she loved the outfit as it really showed off here curves and was hot but innocently-cute at the same time.

She applied minimal make up, grabbed her purse and was ready to go.

I'm ready. I hope.

"OK, let's do this" Katie breathed.