Chapter 26

Tyler's POV

   Today was the day.... I finally get to meet Josh's Parents. I saw then when I was in the hospital but they just dropped Josh off, they didn't meet me. I wish they did, or this wouldn't be so FREAKING awkward!! I just tried to commit suicide, I broke Josh's heart, I got him into trouble, and the worst part about it all, they don't even know we're a thing. They are completely oblivious! Of course Josh's sister knows, but she wouldn't tell. They just hate me. Well yah! Everyone Does, Tyler! I mumble to myself to shut up. I plan on a good first impression.

-------------

   I grab my backpack and I start to run out the door as I say "Bye Mom, Bye Dad... I'm going to Josh's!! I won't be here for dinner!" I can hear her mutter, "that boy! Thanks for asking, Son!" Under her breath which makes me laugh. My backpack still on my back, I hop on my bike and ride off.

-------------

   It obviously takes a lot longer on bike, but I make it there on time. I stand in front of his door, nervous but with a smile going ear to ear. When someone finally opens the door, I see a not so cheerful Abby. She sighs as soon as she sees me and shouts into the house "JOSH.... TYLER'S HERE!" She moves out of the way so I can walk in, no greeting, no nothing. Is she really that pissed at me? As I walk in, I get almost tackled by Josh. His smile matched mine. He grabs my hand and whispers "Come On!" And he leads me to his room.

   His house is fairly nice, at least nicer than mine. When we arrive at his room, I'm kinda stunned. He has NOTHING on his walls. No posters, no anything. Nothing to even indicate he likes music! It's plain. It's boring. The walls are a pale light green color. His bed sheets are grey with with a weird white pattern. He has a desk in the other corner, and a rug to bring it all together.

   I look at him, Still confused. "Josh.... Why don't you have anything on your walls? Or any CD's or well anything?" He sadly looks down. "Because MY parents don't let me listen to that music. That "Satanic Crap" will make me go to hell! Apparently....." I grab his hand and stroke his hand with my thumb. We both smile at each other. I quickly kiss him on the cheek. As I do, I see all the blood rushing up to his face.

   I happily jump on his bed and I ask "So what do your parents let you listen to?" He smiles and sits next to me, our hands join together once again. "Only the most Christian, and godly music you've ever heard." I laugh. "Oh god! That sounds awful!" He lightly hits my chest. Then the door opens. We see Abby, she looks at Josh and says "It's time for dinner...." She looks over at me, her expression still indicating she's pissed. "....And bring you friend." She walks out and I look down at my lap. Josh still seems to be completely UN-AWARE of her new found hatred for me.

   We walk downstairs and I see potatos and steak and frozen green beans (newly cooked of COURSE). There was also a wooden bowl with bread in it. I smile and me and Josh sit down next to each other. We all grab our food and pray. At my house we are Religious and stuff, but we usually forget about prayer before we eat. But not here! But I'm okay with it.

   After we pray and stuff, we dig in and I feel like I've never eaten anything in my entire life. Anything I ate before now was simply peasant food. I then hear Josh's parents say to Abby "Abby, Honey? Are you okay? You are barely eating, and you look upset." I quickly look over at her and I see her staring at me. She sighs and says "Nothing....." She looks down at her plate and sets her fork down and says "... I have a friend, she really likes this guy. Right, whatever. But this guy hurt her. Not physically, and he didn't mean to. But it wasn't the first time. He is going through some "problems" in his personal life, and he's hurting her by shutting her out and stuff like that. I'm just worried about my friend. And I don't want her to get hurt."

   I look over at Ashley and Jordan, Josh's other siblings. Ashley says "Who is she?" Abby rolls her eyes and scoffs "NOT the point! I want her to be okay, and I think he is a bad person and should stay the hell away from her!" Jordan looks at them both and says "GUYS! This isn't the time to argue! Josh has a guest and your being as-I mean jerks. Please stop!" Abby glares at me. I know she was talking about me. She hates me because I hurt Josh and he went to her after I did. She has a right to hate you, you should just die. I mean, you hurt your BOYFRIEND! Try hard....

   I see Jordan smile at me and I smile back, thanking him with my curved lips. We both nod and go back to our food. I decide to go to the bathroom so I excuse myself, but then I hear Abby say that she is done with dinner and that she going up to her room to do "homework".

   She gets up and she grabs my wrist when we make it to the to her hallway. She then stares me down, making me feel small, weak and helpless. "Who the HELL do you think YOU are messing with Josh's feelings like that! You are selfish and an asshole! You should be DISAPPOINTED in yourself, go to hell!" She let's go after a second and goes to walk off. I quietly call her name as I run after her "Abby..... I never wanted to hurt him. I thought no one loved me. But HE cares. I never wanted to do that to him, and I wish I could take it back EVERY FUCKING DAY! But I can't..... I tried my best not to hurt him, I REALLY did! Abby, you have to believe me that Josh means SO much to me!"

   She holds her gaze and snaps "You should have tried harder, Tyler. And I don't have to do anything! Especially something you told me to do! Get THE fuck away from me, dickwad!" She runs up the stairs, leaving me there. I really hate myself. I wipe away a light tear and I walk up to Josh's room and I grab my backpack. After I throw it on, I go into the dining room and his entire family stares me down. "Josh, I think I should leave."