Chapter 11

Tyler's POV

Josh let go of my hand suddenly, looking at a red haired girl, who looked slightly younger than him. "Abby??" He stood up and walked towards her, opening his arms for a hug.

"Josh! Hi!" She smiled as they embraced. "Who's your boyfriend??" She was kidding..I think.

Josh turned beat red. "Oh um..Abby, this is Tyler. Tyler, this my sister, Abby."

I smiled at her. "Hey."

"Hey." She smiled back.

"Abby, what are you even doing here??" Josh asked her.

"I was on my way to the fair in Columbus, and mom reminded me you were here, so I came to say hi. Hi." She explained. "So..who's this Tyler dude? Is he really your boyfriend?"

Josh looked at me, as if to ask if it was okay. I nodded slightly at him. As long as he was comfortable, so was I.

"Actually..we just started dating like..20 minutes ago??" He chuckled a little. "Tyler plays piano and ukulele, and we even wrote and performed a song solely about Taco Bell. It was pretty sick. We're planning on writing our own music together..like a band." He smiled at me.

"Woah..really?" Abby actually looked interested. "Well then, you know I'll be in the front row when you sell out Madison Square Garden. What are you called?"

"Well..we haven't really talked about a name yet, but when we do, I'll let you know." I told her. "Are you going to the fair alone?"

"Well I was supposed to go with my friends, but they decided to ditch me 5 minutes before I got here, and I didn't want to turn back." She looked kind of upset, I hoped I didn't upset her.

"Hey, Tyler, maybe we can go with her." Josh offered.

"Do you think we're allowed to leave??" I asked.

"I dunno, maybe?? If we're back before anyone notices we're gone..I mean, it's not like there's anyone in our cabin that would notice." He chuckled.

"I guess. Abby, do you mind if we tag along??"

Her eyes lit up. "That would be awesome!!"

About an hour later, we were surrounded by overpriced, rigged carnival games, unstable rides that have been taken apart and put together countless times, and an aura that I can only describe as pink-yellow, with a little bit of orange, like pieces of a sunset inside every fair goer.

Despite the crowd, I really wanted Abby to have a good time. It sucks that her friends ditched her like that, and I could really tell that she was still a little upset.

"See any rides you want to go on?" I asked her, trying to lift her spirits. "I'll do pretty much anything, I'm not afraid of heights in the slightest."

She smiled a little. "In that case..let's do that." She pointed up at this huge bungee cord, with a cage in the center. It must have been at least 1,000 feet high. My heart pounded just looking at it. But Abby looked at it with excitement.

"Let's do it!" I exclaimed. "Will you be joining us, Josh?"

"Oh hell no." He said intently. "My feet are staying firmly on the ground. Have fun, though."

I chuckled, he's so cute. "Well then, if we don't make it, I bid you farewell." I said, and kissed his cheek.

"Alright, alright, enough mushy gooey more springy die-y" Abby said, making her way toward the line, which was pretty short, surprisingly enough. I wonder how many people got in line all prepared and chickened out halfway through.

When it was finally our turn, we sat in the cage and put on multiple seat belts. The operators were obviously foreign, with what I think was a French and Arabic accent. "You still wanna do this?" I asked Abby.

"Oh hell yes, I'm psyched!" She said, excitement in her eyes.

The ride operators closed the cage, and a countdown began.

10....
9....
8....
7....
6....
5....
4....
3....
2....
1

We were launched about 50 feet in the air when..

SNAP!