Chapter 14

Josh's POV

That was the first time I've "said" I love you. I didn't even want too! I mean... I did but I was... I don't know. Tyler's family took him on a stupid 2 day camping trip. I'm still confused how they convinced the camp people of that, like seriously?!? So I'm all alone.

I find myself wandering aimlessly around the campsite, lost in thought, when I see Cassandra crying in front of a piano. The amphitheater was empty except for us, but she hasn't noticed my presence. She looks tired, like she hasn't slept in days. I hesitatingly walk next to her and sit down on the bench. At first she's surprised, and then just looks down.

She wipes away the tears and says "What are you doing here, asshole?" I know she's upset, but why is she still so mean?!? "Fine!" I go to walk away but she pulls on my shirt and I sit back down. "No! I-I'm sorry, okay? I just can't deal right now. I just lost my best friend because I'm a total bitch!" I then turn towards her, concerned. I put my hand on her shoulder and I say "No you aren't! Okay.... sometimes, but isn't everyone kinda a douche anyways? Don't feel bad, if you can ruin a friendship in a sentence, it isn't a good one to begin with, am I right?"

I smirk at her and she does the same. She looks me in the eyes, almost like she wants something. She then presses her lips against mine, and I immediately pull away as I scrunch my eyes and stand. She looks at me and says surprised "I-I am SOO sorry! I didn't-I wasn't-I wouldn'-" I put my hand up as I exclaim "No! I finally found someone! I can't let YOU mess that up! We are great, and you couldn't help yourself!" She looks down, more tears swelling in the corners of her eyes. She hits her hands on her lap, nervously. "I-I didn't know.... I just feel so alone." She then starts sobbing, making my heart hurt. I immediately run over to her and hug her. She lays her head on my chest and cries into it, making my shirt soak. I just hold her head with my hands. The only reason I'm helping her is because I've been there, hell, I AM there.

    Without Tyler, kids say things, but they always do. It sucks, But Ty can't know. This isn't worth his time, and I can deal with assholes, I think. I wish he was here, the ONLY person I can count on. That's why I need him.

       After leaving Cassandra, making sure she was okay, I went to lunch. I grabbed a grilled cheese and sat down where me and Ty usually sit. Then some kid takes my cap. What ever, just a jerk. Then I hear a familiar voice say "Give it back, Dickwad." I turn and see Cassandra, with her hand out. Trying to retrieve my hat. Why? The jerk that took my hat looks at her and says "You realize you won't get anything for helping him? He's gay, so you can't screw him."

      She clenches her jaw and says "What's THAT supposed to mean, Nick?" He laughs "Other than the fact you're a whore?" I can't take it, this douche can't just say that. I stand up and shove him into the next table. I wasn't thinking. "Back off!" He walks away, probably mumbling more bull.

     It then hit me what I just did when I sit back down. How, could I? I'm not violent! Holy crap! I pushed him.... He can get me kicked out! Damn it! I then rub my thumb against my eyebrow. Cassandra puts my hat on my head. She looks at me and says "Josh.... Why did you do that?" I let a moment of silence pass. WHAT COULD I SAY?!? I look at her and I aggressively state "Because CASSANDRA..... I'm an idiot!"

          What will Ty think now?