Chapter Eleven

Jeremy quickly opens the message and looks deeply at it.

    She came back...? She's coming back! She... she...

    Jeremy thinks about what Michael. How upset he'd be if Christine came back.

    Jeremy feels a sudden burst of anger. Why does she decide to come back now of all times? After Jeremy just barely got over her.

    He starts writing a paragraph to her about how she's terrible and everything that expresses his thoughts and feelings, but then he stops and stares at his phone.

    After a while of just staring at his phone, he sighs.

    ... I.. I can't send this...

    He erases it all and puts his phone in his pocket.

    He keeps thinking. Would he tell Michael? Would he suddenly drop out of college and remove Michael from his life to go back to Christine? Would he ignore Christine until she leaves New Jersey again?

    Yea... I just.. won't contact her.

    He takes his phone out and blocks the contact.

    Michael means too much to me to go back now.. I love him..

    Across the country in Montana, Christine's in her apartment, pacing her room.

    After she broke it off with Jeremy, she got with this guy who goes to her college; Christian. He was really nice to her, and she thought she was happy, filling this empty void in her heart, but..

    She didn't really love him. She wanted to; he's a wonderful person, but she never felt the way she did with Jeremy.

    She knew she was being almost ridiculous for messaging him.. and going back to New Jersey, but she has to visit her parents soon, anyways.

    She stops pacing and takes a deep breath.

    No, it's okay.. Jeremy's smart... I know he'll decide what he thinks is best. Even if it doesn't include me...

    She falls down dramatically on her bed. The thought of Jeremy with another girl tears Christine apart.

    I want it to be like senior year again... Jeremy and I were together and happy.. I think Michael was upset at me for a while then.. but I understand, they're best friends; Michael wants the best for Jeremy..

    She sighs.. He probably hates my guts now.. especially if he saw the message I sent Jeremy..

    One of her flatmates (she lives with three other girls) walk into her room, "Hey, we're all  planning to go on a girls night out tonight, do you wanna- Christine..? Are you okay?"

    Christine, not having to look up to know she's talking to Kadence, responds with an overdramatic sigh, being good at that due to her mass amount of practice with theatre.

    "That bad, huh?" Christine nods, "Well.. what's wrong?"

    Christine sits up, "I broke up with Christian because I still love Jeremy.. and I decided to message him, apologizing. I asked if he would be interested in meeting up with me when I go back to New Jersey to visit my parents."

    "Did you really-?"

    "Yes, I really did it!" Christine says louder than she intended, "But now that I've sent the message, I feel really.. desperate.. I don't know. I didn't like the long distance relationship, but I think that it was because I didn't get to see Jeremy almost every day..

    "He was a really loyal, caring, nice guy.." Christine finishes.

    Kadence smiles at her comfortingly, "Hey, if it was meant to be, then he'll answer you. And, if he doesn't, then we can go have fun out of this cruddy apartment and forget about Jeremy!"

    Christine giggles, "Yeah.. alright."

_____________________________________________________

    587 Words