Chapter One

Jeremy is in his dorm, the one he shares with Michael. It's been a while since he went out for anything else than classes for the past month. One month ago today marks Christine and Jeremy's break up.

    Everything was calm, when suddenly-

    "JEREMY!" Michael yells as the door slams open.

    Jeremy jumps from the sudden noise, "Uh- yeah?"

    "Hi~"

    Jeremy smiles, "Hi, Michael."

    "What's up?" Jeremy notices that Michael seemed worried, he knows that today is the breakup anniversary(...?).

    "Oh, ya'know, just sitting here. I was thinking about ordering a pizza or something," Jeremy answers honestly, lying would just make matters worse.

    "Sounds good!" Michael exclaimed, "I thought we could, like, ya'know go out or something.. notthewayyou'rethinking-" he rushes the last bit, "But, like, do something fun. Put Christine in the past!"

    Before he gave Jeremy the time to answer, Michael turns away from Jeremy and messes with the straw from his slushy.

    Jeremy chuckles, "That sounds good, better than my idea.. yeah, we should go out and do something," Jeremy smiles at Michael, who turns to look at Jeremy

    Michael's surprised Jeremy liked the idea of going and doing something. For the past month, Jeremy has been moping about Christine, "Uh-..well, what do you wanna do?" He asks.

    Jeremy thinks about it, but then shrugs, "I don't know... do you have anything in mind?" Jeremy looks at Michael.

    Michael struggles fighting the blush and smile when Jeremy looks at him, "I-... uh, how about, um... I don't know- I think..... Give me a sec."

    "A-alright," Jeremy says as Michael walks into the bathroom and locks the door.

    He sits on the edge of the tub and sniffles; he puts his head in his hands.

    I'm being ridiculous... He thought to himself. Jeremy finally wants to go do something, and I can't even take it... he's finally starting to get over Christine.. what's wrong with me?

    Michael knows what's "wrong" with him. He always knows. When Jeremy looks at him with that goofy smile, when Jeremy is upset and just wants a hug...

    Jeremy... Jeremy's what's wrong with him.

    I-I love him... but... he'll never love me back...

    Michael started silently sobbing in the bathroom.

    After a couple minutes go by, Jeremy starts getting worried.

    Did I overwhelm him...? I mean, this is the first time in a month that I want to go and do something so maybe...?

    Jeremy walks over to the bathroom door and knocks on it lightly, "M-Michael?"

    "Yeah?" Michael says, his voice cracks no matter how much he tries to stop it. "I'm fine... sorry, we can get ready to go to whatever place you want." He opens the door to see Jeremy right there.

    Jeremy is shocked by seeing Michael so upset. Of course, he had seen Michael like that before, but now, at this moment, he hasn't expected it.

    Michael turned away from Jeremy and wiped his eyes, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be like this... heh... I'm just ruining the fun time..."

    "W-what's wrong? Did I say something? I don't wanna force you to go out if you don't want to. It's just that you suggested it, and I thought going out would be kinda nice instead of being in the dorm all the time, moping about Christine... if you don't wanna go out, we could just order pizza instead," Jeremy finishes blabbering worriedly.

    Michael thinks about what Jeremy said, "Yeah... I think ordering a pizza would be better for now. We'll start out slow and work our way outside," he smiles tightly, "while we're waiting for the pizza, we can always play a game! I'll be your player two..."

    Jeremy smiles at Michael, "Yeah, I'd like that..."

___________________________________

    622 Words