Chapter Five

Michael wakes up violently, tears still streaming down his face.

    He's still in Jeremy's bed, but Jeremy's not there.

    T-that... was just... just a dream...?

    Michael feels a sense of relief fall over him, but he still feels bad. That Jeremy's just trying to make him feel better through all this. It's just a feeling he can't shake away.

    He takes a shaky deep breath and leans up. He looks over at the night stand, searching for his glasses, but can't find them.

    I thought I put them there...

    Michael shrugs it off, maybe they fell off some other time last night, and gets up. He wipes the remaining tears away and plans to go to the bathroom to splash cold water on his face.

    He easily did, and then continues to go and walks into the kitchen.

    Jeremy, on the other hand, is in the living room. He's wearing Michael's glasses, waiting for Michael to walk out, looking for his glasses.

    Jeremy doesn't need glasses, and Michael's glasses makes Jeremy's vision very blurry and makes his head hurt, but he still likes wearing and stealing them from Michael any chance he can.

    As Jeremy sits in the living room, listening to music, Michael looks around in the kitchen for something to eat, he avoids toaster waffles and plans to for a long time. His dream felt too... real for him to try to take any chances.

    He decides on going to Casey's and getting doughnuts.

    But I can't drive anywhere without my glasses...

    Still, he shrugs it off and goes to his PT Cruiser.

    Casey's isn't that far, anyways, I'll be back before anyone knows it.

(Ten minutes later)

    Michael gets to the Casey's, and everything seems to be okay. He could see the giant blobs and made them out as vehicles and the smaller blobs are humans and dogs, ect.

    However, Jeremy's getting worried, he's been listening to music, so he hasn't heard much of anything, and he hasn't seen Michael.

    Jeremy decides to message Michael.

    J - Hey, Michael, are you okay?

    J - Where are you?

    He hopes for a quick answer, so he knows whether or not he's dead or kidnapped or something.

    Michael, meanwhile, has gotten the doughnuts, paying for them, when Jeremy texts him.

    He reads the texts and chuckles to himself.

    M - Yes, I'm fine

    M - Just getting some doughnuts

    M - I'll be back soon.

    He puts his phone back in his pocket, finishes paying for the doughnuts and gets back into his PT Cruiser.

    Alright, I got here, and now I can get back...

    Before he can even turn the key (Lenny Face), he gets another text from Jeremy.

    J - You drove there!?!

    Michael chuckles again.

    M - Yes, I did, why?

    He put down his phone and started driving back.

    Jeremy, at the dorm still, is freaking out.

    What did I do? Michael could get in a car crash because I took his glasses!

    J - But what about your glasses?

    Michael (while driving (BAD MICHAEL)) texts Jeremy back.

    M - It's fine, Jer, I'm almost home.

    M - I'll talk to you later, I'm driving.

    Jeremy gets upset by that text.

    He's driving, while texting, without his glasses!? C'mon Michael!

    He decides that texting Michael again will be more dangerous, so he just waits for Michael to get back.

    Michael, while putting his phone down, doesn't notice the red light he's about to run.

_____________________________________________

    570 Words