Chapter Six

Michael looks up, almost passed the intersection. He's unaware that he is running the stoplight.

    Then a huge truck, the driver, texting, is hurtling towards Michael's PT Cruiser.

    The truck rams into the passenger side of the PT Cruiser, sending Michael along with it (PT Cruiser) into the ditch. Together (Michael and PT Cruiser), they land upside down.

    The fast movements scares him. He instantly feels his right leg go numb, the other one stinging, burning. His head hurts from being knocked around and hitting both the driver's side door and the ceiling of the car when it stopped in the ditch.

    Michael only let out a moan of pain. He can't even begin to comprehend what happened, just that was driving and now he's hurt, bad.

    His eyelids feel heavy, and he feels a rush of panic in return. Is he dying? Is he about to die?

    Just about as quickly as he panics, he starts to relax, accepting that it's his time.

    Jeremy...

    He starts to cry. The day after he confesses his feelings to Jeremy, he's about to die.

    "J-Jeremy... I know- I know you can't hear this, but... I wish I'd have told you sooner... I wish I didn't have to go like this... I wish you were here, telling me I'll be okay, and that someone will help us...." Michael smiles to himself, tears dripping down his face.

    "Jeremy... I... I love you..." In his remaining conscious moments, Michael feels guilty. He feels like he could've spent so much more time with Jeremy and they could've been together for so much longer, but he had to drive without his glasses and text. He feels stupid, and it makes him cry more.

    "I'm... I'm sorry..."

    Michael's eyes close, and he accepts the darkness that overtakes him.

    Moments after, the paramedics arrive on the scene. They notice the blue Chevy Avalanche with a big dent in the front, while the red PT Cruiser in the ditch is far more damaged. The Cruiser is upside down with a demolishing dent in the right-hand front corner. (Passenger-side corner)

    Some paramedics quickly rush towards the PT Cruiser, whilst the others checks on the owner of the truck.

    The paramedics investigates the car to check if someone is in the car, and how many.

    They find Michael, unconscious. He's barely breathing.

    The supposed leader paramedic orders the others to get a fire extinguisher to break the glass.

_____________________________________________

    410 Words