CHAPTER 30

Dedicated to my sweetheart keerti5
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"This is not done, why are you going so soon?" Sukhan complained like a kid.

"Because I couldn't get a leave. I'm really sorry. But we'll come back soon on some other weekend", Meher assured.

"Only after you come to Delhi first.", Naina chided.

"Sure mum", Meher promised.

"So. This weekend Delhi and next to next weekend back here. Promise??", Sukhan asked cheerfully.

"Well.... I can not promise anything. But we'll try our best to keep visiting. While also you can come and visit us whenever you feel like", Meher answered.

Parmish honked the car horn interrupting the never ending 'reunion planning'.

Meher waved everyone and sat in the car. Parmish accelerated waving his goodbye.

"So..!? ", Parmish asked trying to start a conversation.

"So...????" Meher echoed his words.

"Back to pavilion!!! ", Parmish said.

"Yeah!! I already miss everyone though", Meher replied.

Parmish put his hand over hers and held it gently in assurance. Meher smiled and intertwined her fingers with his.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Next day, evening

Parmish was sipping his tea by his window seat when he saw Meher getting out of someone's car. He was sure she had left in her own car this morning. His confused frown turned into furious expressions as he saw the person coming out of driver's seat. It was Mridul.

Parmish opened the door to see Meher who was just about to ring the doorbell.

"Woah.. That's some real Kabhi khushi kabhi Gham shit going on here!!!", Meher chuckled.

Parmish walked back into the hall with Meher following him.

"So..did you just open the door by chance or you knew it was me??? Some vibes and connections ha? Ha? Ha?", Meher mocked air quoting vibes.

When Parmish didn't even turn at her supposedly funny remark, she sensed the tense aura.

"Hey.. Is everything ok?????", Meher inquired walking towards him.

"You are late", Parmish stated balantly.

"Yeah my car broke down and I was about to call you when Mridul met me and offered help", Meher shrugged.

"And you took it???I told you to stay away from him", Parmish gritted through his teeth. His face was now visibly angry.

"Paru... I declined. At first. But he was insisting too much and it was just a lift.Why are you behaving like that.", Meher said while Parmish held his forehead trying not to lose his temper.

"Paru.. Listen.. Just calm down and tell me what is wrong...", Meher said trying to cool her husband.

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM", Parmish yelled at the top of his voice and a vase fell off the table as his hand swiveled across it.

Meher shuddered in fright and drops of tear as clear as the glass pieces of vase lying on the ground started dripping through her eyes.

Parmish breathed in and calmed himself. Controlling his anger, he walked towards Meher and embraced her in a hug.