CHAPTER 15

"I don't understand. Why do you need to go to office in this condition. The plaster is still new and it must be hurting like hell. Why don't you take a  day off!!", Parmish exclaimed, clearly worried about Meher.

"Paru, I already took a 10 day leave for our marriage last month and both us know what that cost me. I don't want to risk it again. I am going to office and I'll be fine. Stop worrying. I'm not a kid. I can take care of myself.", Meher replied assuring Parmish.

Parmish threw his hands in air, in defeat," If that's what you have decided "

" Paru... ", Meher pouted, trying to convince Parmish.

"Atleast let me drop you", Parmish asked.

"Paru.. Trust me I can.... Ok fine. Let's go", Meher agreed, thinking this would provide him some assurance.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

PARMISH'S HOUSE, Same night

Parmish came back home and opened the door using his keys, when no one opened the door after he rang the doorbell. He walked into the hall to see Meher sleeping on the couch, in her formal attire. He frowned in worry as the first thing Meher did after returning home from work, was to change into comfortable clothes. He knelt on the floor, beside the couch, and noticed the sedatives on the centre table. It didn't take him much time to picture that Meher must be in intense pain to even change her clothes and retired on the couch itself under the effect of sedatives. He gently picked her up and headed towards their bedroom. After laying Meher on bed, he went off to bathroom to freshen up and change.

Knowing Meher, Parmish knew she wouldn't have eaten anything. So, he made some soup for her and himself. That's the thing about Indian families. If one person falls ill, everyone eats the food made for the patient. Be it porridge or soup, it is prepared for the whole lot.

Parmish took both bowls to their bedroom. He shook Meher by her shoulder trying to wake her up, "Miku.. Get up.. Have some soup.."

"Umm... Ivdjdnkfhsjsdkc", Meher murmured.

" What??", Parmish tried to make sense of what she said.

" igjbjdkdhdks", Meher mumbled again.

"What???", Parmish askked confused.

"I don't wanna eat it. Go away,", Meher finally whispered in slow pace.

"You have to. Come, I'll help you.", Parmish shook his head on her childish behavior. He helped her up to take the support of bedrest. Meher again resisted eating the soup, but he made her eat it, spoon by spoon, by himself.

When she was finished, and ready to lay down again, Parmish stopped her,"Don't you wanna change first? ", Meher nodded, looking down and realizing she was still in her office clothes.

Parmish handed her his t-shirt, remembering her request from last night, for a lose t-shirt that would get through her head and hand. Meher looked up at him and he nodded before turning and letting her change.

"Done" , Meher informed after slipping on his t-shirt. Parmish grabbed her discarded clothes, put them in laundry and retired himself for the night.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Parmish woke up in the middle of the night by Meher's cry. He looked beside and didn't find her on bed. When he followed her cries, he found her on the floor, wailing in pain.

He immediately picked her up and laid her on the bed, while Meher continued crying. "Shhh.... Its ok!!! It will be fine, I will give you pain killer. Are you hurt anywhere else?", Parmish asked.