CHAPTER 18

After the dinner, Megha and Vivek went home. Parmish and Meher retired for the night.

Meher, unaware of Parmish's state of mind, was deep in her slumber while Parmish's regret clouded his mind and took over his sleep. His mind flash backed to the day Meher proposed him.

******Throwback ******

"Heyyy...you called me??", Parmish asked Meher, who was standing near her favorite tree. The 100 year old tree with pink flowers.

They were standing in an orchid. Though this was a abandoned private property in a segregated posh area, Meher and Parmish would sneak their way in. This place was known only to those two. They would bunk their college and spend hours here, away from all. Megha knew a place like this existed, where they both run to, but she never had been here.

Meher turned on Parmish's call to see him looking at her. She had texted him to meet her here.

"Yeah.. I.. I wanted to tell you...something", Meher said analyzing his mood.

"Since when do you have to think before saying. Just blurt it out.", Parmish chuckled and hit her shoulder in a playful manner.

Meher sheepishly rubbed her shoulder and took a step forward. She looked into his eyes. Nervousness spilled all over her face. Parmish realized the seriousness of situation and looked at her expectantly,eager to know what's the matter .

Meher gathered all the courage and decided to rip it like a band-aid. She closed her eyes and blurted out, "I love you."

She immediately opened her eyes to see Parmish's reaction. He smiled and said, "Yeah, I love you too. Now tell me what is it. Why did you call me here."

Meher stilled at his reaction. But she had to make it clear. She was halfway through the confession. She couldn't back out now.

"No, Paru.. You are not getting it. I LOVE YOU.", Meher stated.

Parmish's jaw dropped. Though he immediately tried to control his reaction so Meher wouldn't feel awkward or hurt. He understood that it takes a lot of courage to profess your love for someone. But he didn't feel the same way for her as she did and he had to clear it in nicest way possible.

"Paru, say something...", Meher requested.

"Miku.. I don't know what to say. I don't know.. I don't feel that way.", Parmish replied, trying to put it in a way that hurts her the least.

Meher lowerered her head in disappointment, "Oh.."

Parmish took her face in his hands and made her to look up at him. " Look, we are going through a phase where we can get attracted to anyone. I think this, what you're feeling right now is just attraction. You don't love me. Trust me it will eventually wash off. Its nothing serious ok??"

Meher stepped back freeing her face from his hold. She nodded and walked away mumbling, "I have to go."

Parmish kept calling her but she didn't turn or stop. She continued walking swiftly until she was out of the orchid.

It was then that her tears started to dribble. She was hurt. Hurt a lot. She told Parmish she loved him but he said it was just attraction and will wash off. She has been in love with him since she first got the meaning of love. Every romantic novel or story that she read was her image of her life with Parmish. How they would live together, face all aversions and atrocities together and live happily ever after.

But Parmish broke the glass of her imagination. Now, she was walking over the broken pieces of her dreams.

*************

Parmish came back to his senses as Meher called him out," Paru.. You haven't slept yet?"

He looked at her realizing she had her back towards him. 'How do you know? ", Parmish asked Meher.

"I am a psychic.",Meher mumbled sleepily.

He looked at her and realized she had kept a hand at her waist where Parmish kept his hand daily. He smiled and slid his hand under hers, managing to move it under her top. " Missing my touch?", Parmish smirked.

Meher didn't say anything but he could feel her body relax.

Parmish tried to sleep, keeping away the past as he had a big day ahead, to start making mends to her heart.

Though it wasn't his fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. She confessed her love but he didn't accept it because he didn't love her. It would have been wrong if he would have said yes, just to not let her down. But still, a heart was broken and it had to be repaired.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Meher woke up to find Parmish still sleeping. She removed his hand from her waist and got up. She turned to look at his sleeping face. 'Awwww.. My sleeping baby, too bad if someone ruins your sleep' she thought and leant forward to wake him up, but stopped in between. 'Or...no one wakes you up but give you a pretty makeover instead.' Meher smiled mischievously.

Meher brought her makeup kit, sat on Parmish's abdomen with her knees on his either side of his body and started working her magic.

Parmish stirred in his sleep and she immediately hid the make up kit under the comforter at her side, forgetting to get off of his lap.

"You could have at least waited for me to wake up.", Parmish said in his raspy morning voice.

Meher straightened herself, still sitting on his lap and looked at him, afraid that she has been caught red handed.

"Oh baby yeah", Parmish moaned, making Meher realize that she was unknowingly straddling Parmish and he had a completely different context to his words. She tried to get up but Parmish held her knees to the bed, preventing her from getting up. He smirked at her nervousness.

"I couldn't have wished for a better morning.", Parmish whispered seductively. Meher's breathing hitched as she found herself in a situation completely reverse to what she was expecting.

She tried to move his hands away from her knees, but he tightened his grip.

Parmish raised himself to sit against the headboard. That's when Meher felt him under her. She gulped the lump in her throat while Parmish chuckled at her reaction to what just happened.

"Paru, let me go.", Meher requested still trying to free herself.

"First, Let's finish what you started.", Parmish replied.

“I didn't start anything ", Meher blurted out as his hands started moving northwards from her knees to her thighs.

"Oh really, then kindly explain your position. ", Parmish smirked. When she didn't see any way out of his grasp, she plucked one of his chest hair, making him wince in pain. He caressed his chest with his hands and Meher took the chance to run away.
She flashed out of the room leaving a confused Parmish behind.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

A/N:

Hola everyone.

Hope you all are having a good time.
Keep smiling.

What do you think will be Parmish's reaction when he sees his pretty makeup face in the mirror.

Please vote share and comment if you liked this chapter. You are free to drop  in your feedback.

Love ❤️❤️