Strength

Gwen woke up the next morning instantly checking her phone but there was nothing. She felt a knot form in her gut. Had something happened to him? Did he decide she wasn't the answer to his prayers? Or did he just forget? Gwen didn't know but she didn't like the feeling that accompanied this unknown. She laid back on her pillow and let out a huff. She is already getting attached. Damn her obsessive personality, she gets to close to fast. It's Saturday and she has no kids and no Blake. "What the heck am I gonna do all day?" she asks herself. She decides to start by heading down stairs and making breakfast while listening to some of the cowboys music. She hasn't heard much of it at all and she is kinda missing his voice. After listening to his music and eating she decides maybe she will try writing some music of her own. She hasn't felt adequate in life lately and that has squashed any confidence she had in her writing ability.

"I'm pretending I'm falling in love, falling in love
That's how I do, I do
I need a distraction a distraction
And uh, I, I choose you, choose you"

She looks at the lyrics and laughs. Yep she is obsessed that for sure. It feels so good to be getting music to come out again. She had lost hope that she would ever be able to use her gift again. Who would have thought a cowboy would be responsible for bringing out music in her again.
..........................................................
Blake wakes up to the sound of someone banging on his door. He groans and rolls over. The hangover from last nights activities very prevalent, this is not going to be a good day. He slides out of bed opening the door to find Luke smiling like the dumbass he is.

"What do you want dumbass? I'm suffering from a hangover that you gave me and now you wake me up at..." Blake looks to the clock to check the time. "6 in the fuckin morning! Luke what the fuckin hell?"

"Time to rise and shine we have interviews today." Luke said enjoy his friends misery.

Blake fumbles around the room getting dressed and trying to tame his wild curls. It's not until he is about to head out the door that he remembers he never text Gwen. She is probably freakin out or thinking he's a total asshole. He stops and unlocks his phone trying to connect it to the internet.

"Blake I know your slow but man we gotta get going." Luke tells him

"I'm trying to text someone but I gotta hook up to the wifi. I don't have any damn signal here."

"Well do it after the interviews man. We are gonna be late."

Blake sigh and thinks as long as it's been now what's a few more hours he will message her the minute he gets back to his room tonight.
                                                      ...............................................................................
By this time Gwen has already wrote out a whole song and titled it obsessed. She picks up her phone to rough record it. She hoped that when she picked it up there would be a message from him but again her hopes were dashed when the only message on her phone was from Jen. At first when he hadn't texted her she was worried and sad but now she is mad. He kissed her and then left. They both have been through hell why would he play with her like this. She through her phone on the coffee table in the living room, not caring if it broke, and turn on the TV. Entertainment tonight was on. Normally she didn't watch these shows they pried into her and her friends lives and she just didn't think it was right. She reached for the remote but just as she was about to change the channel she heard his name.

"Blake Shelton: has he gone off the deep end since his divorce from Miranda Lambert? It sure looks to be the case in these new photos we have of the country sing, who is in Mexico to perform at the yearly crash my playa concert hosted by his friend Luke Bryan."