Chapter 31: Summer Festival Time

The rest of their summer vacation was absolute freedom.

Sometime before noon, Shiniko got a call from an unknown number.

After the call ended, she started getting ready.

Once she was done, Koro-sensei was outside her bedroom window and to be honest, it freaked her out a little, but she opened the window anyways.

"What do you want sensei?" Her question dripping with boredom and a hint of annoyance.

"I was hoping you could come to the summer festival! We're meeting at seven at Kunugigaoka Station!"

"Sure."

"Plea-, nyu?"

"I said sure. I have nothing to do this evening, so why not." Shinko said monotonely.

"Hooray! I'll see you at seven!" Koro-sensei cheered and flew off.

Shiniko got the rest of her things and headed out. First, she went to visit Mr. Matsukata. He was still very busy working and Shiniko was there to help him. As soon as they finished, she said her farewells and left.

Now was the time she was needed somewhere. After about two hours or so in the facility, she headed home.

There were still a couple of hours left until she needed to get ready for this evening, so she used her time wisely and binged on anime.

After making dinner for herself, she started to get ready. She wore her floral, pastel blue yukata with a coral colored ribbon around her waist, creating a beautiful bow at the back. Since the yukata was so loose and baggy, her wings were very comfortable under it. She tied her hair into a cute half ponytail and stuck a small flower hair stick in it to match her yukata.

Almost all her classmates were there having fun when she arrived. Her eyes spotted a blob of red at one of the booths and walked over. Karma was holding a small booklet up to the booth owner's face for some reason.

Upon hearing their conversation, Shiniko knew what it was about, but didn't interfere. In the end Karma didn't get the game console he wanted, but whatever, he wasn't angry about it or anything.

The two of them walked around for a while, Shiniko buying some food along the way of course. Karma stopped walking. Not noticing his disappearance, Shiniko kept walking.

Just then, the fireworks started.

"Shiniko!" He called out to her. She turned around and Karma quickly snapped a picture of her before catching up.

"What?" She asked.

"Oh nothing, just this," He showed her the picture.

It was her, in her yukata holding a candied apple on a stick in hand. Behind her was the firework display.

"Ok then..." Her cheeks went red a little.

The fireworks were absolutely stunning. Once it was over, everyone went back to their little meeting place and headed home for the night.

Later that evening, Shiniko got a call from the same person from this afternoon. After the call ended, she was simply mind blown and overjoyed.

I wonder what it could be?......

TBC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Make sure to check out "A Secret Unraveled (Sequel)" if you want to know how the story ends :) I hope you enjoyed the book as much as I liked typing it! And thanks for those who have kept reading this book despite it being absolute shit! =) P.S I will be updating any mistakes I find in the chapters that are published.

Comment on wut u think/want to happen next! Until next time, baii =)

~DeathHollows