Chapter 19: L and R Time

Today, Irina was teaching one of her English lessons that she taught Shiniko. The art of conversation.

"Icebreakers like this guarantee a good first impression. The trick is to put yourself in the shoes of your target." Irina informed, "Kimura, throw me an icebreaker, quick!"

"Uh. Hey, there?" He said unsure of himself.

"No, no!" Irina said, making the 'X' symbols with her fingers, " You're just shifting the burden of conversation." She pointed out his mistake, "If you want a meaningful response, the other person has to feel you're pulling your own weight. Try coming at them guns blazing with an interesting observation" She explained.

"Shiniko, give my an icebreaker." She said.

"How are you doing today, miss?" Shiniko answered almost immediately.

"Good." She praised and continued the lesson.

After school was over, Shiniko stayed behind in the faculty lounge to eat her ice cream in peace while the teachers were conversing with each other. Then Irina stormed out.

All of a sudden, Shiniko heard a gasp, followed by a yelp and rushed out the door, leaving her ice cream behind. Big mistake, Koro-sensei ate it all. When she got out, she saw Irina in a snare trap.

"You catch me off guard, Irina." Someone said, getting Irina and Shiniko's attention, "Watching you babysit bunch of kids. It's like TV comedy show." He stated.

"Lovro sensei..." Shiniko murmured.

"Sir. Why are you here?" Irina asked, still struggling.

Then Karasuma showed up. He told Lovro to let Irina down, which he did. Karasuma was getting a sense of déjà vu that he already met Lovro before, but it was just him. Lovro told him who he was and what he does.

"As matter of fact, I'm the guy who arranged to bring Irina Jelavich into the mix. I'm human resources man." Karasuma went silent for a bit.

"I'm human resources man!" Shiniko repeated in her mind while mentally laughing to herself and helped Irina up.

Lovro told Irina that she can pack her bags and go because he was going to take it from here.

"Don't get me wrong: on undercover jobs, you're the best. Once your cover's been blown, however. Well, let's face it, you're no Charlotte Corday." Lovro stated.

Irina begged Lovro to let her stay, but then Lovro swiftly grabbed Irina's wrist behind her back and held his thumb at her neck.

"What have I always taught you? Everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses. A good assassin knows when to go home." He said.

Then out of nowhere, Koro-sensei came up behind them with his face half purple and orange? Or is it red? I don't remember.

"Congratulations! You're exactly half wrong and half right." He said, as he pried the two apart with his tentacles. One on Lovro's forehead, the other on Irina's nose. Then Karasuma gave him a new nickname, "Game Show", "Are you determined never to call me Koro-sensei?" He asked.

He continued by saying Irina was a crappy assassin, but she's a perfect fit in the class. To prove his point, he proposed a kill-off. The rules were whoever can kill Karasuma first with an anti-sensei knives, is the winner, but they only had all of tomorrow to compete.