Super Strength (Chapter 14)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"He has a point," Urana agrees. "One way or another, you'll overcome this challenge, so don't worry so much."

"I guess," Owen mumbles and ties up all of his hair.

"You just tied your hair without breaking the ponytail," Ava brings up. "You're just thinking too much."

Owen looks down at his hands, he blinks multiple times, trying to figure out why and how and just...what.

"Don't think too much," Alex reminds him. "You have a habit of doing that way too much." Alex looks thoughtful, tilting his head a little.

"It's so frustrating! I-I just don't get it! Do I think? Do I not think? Do I just not do anything? Or is it something else entirely?! Just, WHAT?" Owen rambles, looking confused.

"Hey, you're gonna be okay right?" Brenton puts a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know. Honestly, I'm just confused. Nothing beyond that. Just, confused," Owen sighs.

"Take a deep breath," Urana instructs, turning her ocean blue gaze on him. Owen takes a deep breath, closing his eyes and leans his head back.

"Just clear your mind. Focus on something happy," Urana adds, not moving her gaze.

"She's intense," Ava mumbles.

"As if that wasn't obvious already," Alex mumbles back.

"Just because I'm not looking at you doesn't mean I can't hear you," Urana calls out.

Alex and Ava jump a little in surprise.

"Heh, that's Urana for ya," Brenton chuckles at the cheerful teens.

Owen continues to keep his eyes closed, focusing on a single image in his mind.

"What do you think he's thinking about?" Alex asks, looking curious.

"I don't know...I can't really read him," Brenton knits his eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't know either...his eyes keep everything well guarded," Ava raises one of her eyebrows.

"Well, you two sure know a lot about people huh?" Alex questions, smiling.

"I'm just used to knowing what a person is like, I'm used to reading people," Brenton grins.

"And I'm just going off the fact that the eyes have the truth, which is true, but Owen sure has his walls up," Ava adds.

"The only one who seems to get him is Urana, but they've known each other for years so I get that," Alex shrugs.

"Hmm, true," Ava and Brenton muse at the same time.

Owen sucks in a breath, then releases it and opens his eyes. Urana then looks back at her homework, putting it back in her bag.

She then pulls out papers from Owen's bag and clicks her pen.

"Alright. Math homework: Question 1: of the-" and Urana recites a problem.

"2.6234," Owen answers. Urana writes it down and moves on to the next question.

"Seriously! Are these guys rivals, or best friends?" Ava puts her hands on her hair.

"I don't know at all!" Alex agrees.

"I'm just surprised that they're both. With the way they argue," Brenton doesn't continue but proceeds to shake his head.

--

Urana knocks on the door of her parents' room only to have the door open a bit itself. She pokes her head in, opening her mouth to say something when she spots her parents looking at pictures.