Chapter 24- The Royal Wedding

Victoria's POV

"Oh, don't you look lovely, dear." Mag cupped her face as she examined my extravagant wedding dress. The train was so long that it circled through the kitchen door, out into the hallway, and back into the kitchen through the chef's door. The top had a collar that ended at mid neck and the sleeves were all the way to my wrists. Everything was covered in lace.

Mag fixed my curls and added a rhinestone headband. "Thank you, Mag." I gave her a tight squeeze and she handed me my bouquet of roses, my favorite flower. "Happy Birthday, honey."

I smiled at her. "It would be an even more amazing birthday if only Niall were here."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean he's not here? Isn't he standing at the alter waiting for your hand in marriage?"

Now I furrowed my eyebrows. "What makes you say that? Niall's my best friend. And besides, I'm engaged to Keaton."

"But-"

"You look beautiful, Victoria." Father came in and I smiled, running up to him for a hug.

"Daddy!"

"Well, you best hurry, your guests are anxious to see you." He held my hands and smiled at me.

The organ started playing outside. "Oh, hurry on dear." Mag grabbed my train and I exhaled deeply, beginning to walk down the aisle.

Niall's POV

The wind swept through my red fur and ruffled the clothes strapped to my back. I had to hurry before Victoria says "I do", otherwise it'll lock the mating bond and she'll never willingly reject Keaton.

Something is up with her dad. I have a gut feeling he is the cause of this.

I planted my paws in the turned up soil. Below the hill was the alter. The whole pack chattered away in their seats and Keaton stood smug at the alter.

I glared at her father who was whispering something in Keaton's ear. Whatever it was, Keaton agreed and nodded. He signaled the organ player to start the music.

Everyone stood and watched Victoria in her elegance while she walked down the other. Her beauty made my knees buckle.

'We have to rescue her!' My wolf whimpered, but also jumped around at the sight of how gorgeous Vic looked in a wedding dress.

But I'd burn that wedding dress to ashes because of Keaton. I'd buy her pearls and whatever dress she wanted. I'd pay for everything just to make her happy. But, money can't buy happiness, I know that.

I shifted into my vampire form and dressed. I brought a tuxedo with me, just in case she decided to get married to me. What?

I adjusted my tie and then used my vampire speed to run down the hill towards the alter. And just in time too.

"Is there anyone who objects of this marriage or forever now hold their piece?" The pope asked.

"I object!"

Everyone turned and faced me. "Niall?" Victoria frowned, but couldn't keep a smile off her face. "I thought you weren't coming."

Everyone stood up and some back away. "Vampire!"

"Vic, you can't marry this guy." I warned her.

"Why not?" Keaton snarled. In the corner of my eye, I saw Victoria's dad whispering to the guards. They nodded and began walking towards me.

"Because he's not your mate, I am, remember?" I pleaded that she would remember. It was like my whole existence had been destroyed from her mind and replaced by a crappy one.

"Niall," She shook her head. "I'm not."

My heart shattered into a million pieces. "Yes, you are. Remember, we took a bath together-"

"Niall, we were like two months old."

"No, we weren't. You're my girlfriend, my mate, my future wife. Don't you remember?" She looked at me, her eyes darting around every so often. "Please remember."