Chapter 16- Rage Sparks

Niall's POV

'Something's wrong.' My wolf was growing worried, Victoria had been in the kitchen for only less than five minutes, though.

'Calm down I'm sure she's fi-' Then I started feeling little pricks at my heart. It throbbed and each time, a needle prick feeling was felt.

My wolf whimpered. 'She's rejecting us.'

'What?! No she isn't!'

Then I saw a messy, flustered, angry looking Victoria coming out. For a brief moment out eyes locked, a flash of regret was written on her face. Does she regret me?

Victoria's POV

I ran. Upstairs of course. Why?! Why did Keaton have to do that?! Sure I've had a crush on him, but that was in the past, before Niall! And I know my dad has always favored Keaton and has even thought about marrying us. I can't marry someone who's not meant to be.

Keaton has this sick, obsessive theory that we are true mates, but the moon goddess had second thoughts, so we can't feel the spark.

Well that's a load of bs.

I sobbed into my pillow, I didn't care if cake got on my bed or my makeup permanently stained the sheets. I just can't believe he would bring up the past like that. It was the biggest crush.

~Flashback~

"Yo, Princess!" I turned around, my heart stopped in place. Keaton, the captain of the pack's school football team. His gorgeous blonde waves surfed over his forehead as he jogged up to me. I adjusted my big glasses.

Yeah, I was sort of geeky. No one bullied or disrespected me though, they knew there would be consequences if they did. I smiled at him. "Hey, Keaton?" I managed to not stutter, but it came out as more of a question. He had never talked to me before, but I had just the biggest crush on him, no one knew.

"So I was, uh, wondering if you could help me study for that big geometry test that's Friday?" He shoved his hands into his pockets. His father, Alfred, was my father's Beta. Dad and Alfred both agreed in a forces marriage, though his mother preferred Keaton to marry his mate, but no problem with us dating. Maybe discover that we are mates in the future. I was battling with my emotions. I would love for him to come over, but sad that he wasn't asking me out. He probably doesn't like me.

"Uh sure! Today after school?" I said, a little too excitedly.

"Great, thanks!" He smiled awkwardly before jogging back to his jock buddies.

** {After School}

I walked with one strap of my backpack hanging from my shoulder. I've heard that in a neighboring pack, all the males drool over the princess, and she's only ten! I wish I would just find my mate so I can find someone who would actually love me! He'd probably just reject me anyways...

'No!' My wolf snarled. 'You shouldn't think things like that! You know what? Get yourself together and beautify yourself. We are going out tonight after your study date. If you want attention, you will get attention.' I was confused, but then my wolf took over and dragged me up to my room so fast, I didn't even find myself close to my house. She rummaged through my closet until she found a white muscle tee, black bandeau, and black leather skater skirt.

'When did I but this?!' I don't remember buying a single thing.

'You didn't. I did.' She smirked. Gah! I hate when she leaves me with amnesia after taking over. She made me change and straighten my hair. She literally made me snap my glasses in half and replace my vision with her twenty-twenty.

I heard the doorbell ring. 'Crap! What about makeup?!' She panicked.

'Too late!' I replied happily. I finally took control back and jogged down the staircase. I opened the door and Keaton stood with roses in his hand.

"Whoa-I mean, hello Princess Victoria." He bowed. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, Keaton, come in." I stepped aside.

"These are for you, your majesty." He handed me a bouquet of my favorite color roses, pink.

"Listen," I laughed, "you don't have to deal with all the formal crap. I honestly hate it." I made my way into the kitchen. "Just call me Vic."

"Sorry, Vic." He laughed, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"So we could study here or up-" I was cut off by his lips on mine. They were smooth and soft and I wanted more. I was so shocked that I didn't kiss back, making him pull back immediately.

"I'm so sorry, Victoria, it's just that-" I cut him off this time by pressing my lips to his. It was needy yet sweet and gentle. "You look so beautiful." He murmured against my lips. "I've had a crush on you ever since we were in middle school. I loved how smart you were and how much you scared all of those kids who tried to steal your candy." His laugh vibrated through his lips, sending chills down my spine.

"I've had the biggest crush on you too." I pulled back, blushing.

"Will you, Victoria Serenity, be my official girlfriend?" He smiled, hopefully.

I wish I could say yes, but I'm old school. I believe in dates before dating. "I will, if and only if, you ask me out properly."

His smile only seemed to grow. "Will you, Victoria Serenity, go on a date with me?"

"Yes!" I jumped on him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pecking him on the lips.

~End of Flashback~

Grr! I just, I have no words. I fell hard for him and now when I'm actually happy, he decides to ruin it for me. I'm just glad I'm still a virgin. Things got odd when we started dating. He preferred me wearing clothes like what I wore during our study date and even bought me contacts. I never saw my friends after that and they're not in the pack anymore. He was my first boyfriend and was like a best friend to me. So I broke up with him. I never told him the reason, I made sure that we would stay best friends and he had no problem. Absolutely none. He didn't even flinch, like he was expecting me to dump him.

I never went back to my old looks though. I got noticed more and guys started asking me out. They didn't care that I was royalty or that looked different.

Then he would always joke around how our dads wanted us to marry and we were secret mates. Pl-lease.

"I just hate him!" I turned my hand into a fist and got ready to punch the wall, except as I brought it forward, lightning struck the lamp besides the wall. I opened my palm and there was swirling purple light. I slowly brought the too of my finger to it and I got static shocked. I winced. I looked at the bathroom door. I brought my fist back and shot it forward, lightning striking the doorknob perfectly. It prickled with white bolts.

'You discovered one thing I know about you.' My wolf spoke up finally.

'What?'

'You discovered Anger. This is what happens when you're angry. Just wait until you discover your other emotional powers...'

Oh crap...