"Vro, you sensitive as fuck, swear to god." Ski laughed as they walked out. First I heard my door close, then I heard the front door close downstairs, so I finally laid down to take a nap and relax.

But guess what? Of course that was interrupted.

"X!" I heard her annoying ass voice yell as she banged on my door.

"I swear I will fuck you up if you do not leave me alone." I said loud enough for her to hear. I felt the weed kick in, and I did not want to be bothered while I was high.

"No you won't! Come on man, I need help!"

I groaned before I got up and stumbled to my door and snatched it open. I glared at her while she stood right there staring at me.

"Hell you need my help for?" I said, getting more annoyed by the second.

"I don't know how to turn on the oven."

I sucked my teeth. "Man, what the--- why you didn't ask my mom?"

"Don't you think I would if she were here? Her and my dad went to work."

I sighed before I walked past her to go downstairs to the kitchen, and she followed behind me like a lost puppy. "All you gotta do is push this button twice, then put in however many degrees you want it to be, then push 'Start'.

She nodded before I started to walk back upstairs to my room, but she stopped me. "X." I looked at her. "Thanks." She mumbled.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned around, going back to my room.

-

Kehlani

"When you coming to visit me, bitch? I miss yo ugly ass." I whined and she laughed. I was FaceTiming my best friend Skyler, since we haven't had a chance to spend time together when I moved. She lived back in Jacksonville, and I really missed my city, but I lived an hour away.

"Bitch I'll come soon. But anyway, do you like it down there?"

I rolled my eyes, immediately thinking about X. "No. My dickface of a stepbrother is making me hate it here."

"Oh no. What he do?"

"He a dickface! That pretty much explains it."

"Kehlani you think everybody is a dickface." She laughed as I flipped her off.

"Well, it's true. I'm not sorry."

"He might not even be that bad. Get to know him."

"Nah, I'm cool."

"See you're stubborn as hell. How would you know if he's really a dickface if you won't talk to him?"

"I seen all I needed to see to know that he a dickface." I shrugged.

"Just try to get along with him. If it doesn't work out, I'll let you cuss me out."

"I do that all the fucking time. See, I just fucking did."

"Okay then I'll let you do whatever you want for 2 days without me trying to talk you out of it."