(19) Gender

2 months later
November 8
3:30pm

Ethan and Y/n had been sitting around all day. They were getting ready to go to an ultrasound appointment later. They were gonna find out the gender of the baby. Y/n didn't want to know the gender, but Ethan did. He wanted to know wether it was gonna be a boy or a girl, so he didn't have to refer to the baby as "Baby" or "they/their". He wanted to brag about the gender to his family. Mark was also excited to know. He wanted to know if he was having a niece or a nephew. He kinda wanted it to be a girl. He felt like he could be more close to a girl, that he would be able to give her more and spoil her like a princess. He'd still do the same for a boy.

     Everyone in both families were proud. Mark was proud of Y/n for taking responsibility for the baby and not giving it up. He was also proud to see that his little sister was adding on to their family. But he was a bit jealous that she was having kids before him. And Ethan's family was very proud of him. Ethan's Dad was happy to see that Ethan was having kids. He was surprised at the fact that it was with Mark's sister. Ethan was even surprised that he was having kids with Y/n. It was unexpected, but they loved each other, and they were overall happy to have the baby.

"Y/n are you ready yet?" Ethan asked waiting in the doorway
"Am I ever ready?" She asked, he laughed slightly
"Are you excited?" He dragged out the i in excited
"Not really...I don't want to know the gender...but nooooo, Ethan and Mark neeed to know the gender!" She mocked
"Sorry! I don't want to refer to the baby as they or their for the rest of the pregnancy. Once they make the choice on what gender they are when they are older, I'll respect it. But for now, I'd like to be able to call him or her by a gender or name" Ethan said
"I'm ready" Y/n walked out wearing a shirt that showed her baby bump and leggings. She had the same pink and black Nike's on as always.

    Ethan and Y/n walk out of the apartment. They head to the parking lot and get in Ethan's car. Ethan soon began to drive. The clinic where the appointment was was a little while away, but nothing to bad. Y/n turned up the radio as they drove.

——————
4:30pm

   Ethan and Y/n had arrived. Their appointment started in 15 minuets. Ethan helped Y/n out of the car as they walked in together. Soon enough the doctor called their name.
"Hello, I am doctor Wells, and I will be doing your ultrasound today" She smiled leading them to a ultrasound room. When they arrived in the room she told Y/n to lay on the bed, Ethan sat in a chair next to her. The doctor started to talk about the baby and it's growth. Ethan and Y/n got to hear it's heart beat.
"Would you guys like to know the gender of your baby?" Doctor Wells asked
"Yes" Ethan smiled, Y/n nodded.
The doctor started to look around on Y/n's stomach. She soon was able to see the gender.
"You two are going to be having a baby girl" The Doctor smiled. Y/n and Ethan smiled widely
"Mark will be happy" Y/n said to Ethan, they were holding hands.
"Mark's my brother" she told the doctor. The doctor nodded. The appointment went on.
—————
5:20pm

    Their appointment had ended. Y/n walked out to the car with Ethan and got in. She immediately called Mark.
"Hello?" Mark answered
"Hey! We have some news!" She sounded excited
"I'm assuming we, is you and Ethan?" He asked
"Yeah!" She was smiling widely
"So what's the news?" He asked
Y/n quickly put him on speaker.
"It's a girl!" Her and Ethan scream out at the same time
"Really?!" His face lit up
"Yep!" Ethan yelled
"Oh my god! Y/n do you know how happy Mom will be?!" Mark said to her
"Call her and tell her!" She told him

Soon the word got around to both families and close friends that it was a girl. Everyone was so happy and excited for Y/n and Ethan. Mark was so happy that it was a girl.

***A/n!!!***
GUYS! IMPORTANT!!!!
1. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 22K! THATS SO MUCH! OMFG!!!
2. IMMA BE PUBLISHING THE REST OF THIS BOOK TODAY AND TOMORROW!
Word Count - 767