A last hope

White Sharingan Ch9
About a week had passed since the attack and almost inexplicably quickly, most of the Konoha CBD had been rebuilt, to most this would seem odd but to the few who knew about the builder, they knew what the Mokuton was capable of.

Suika was walking through the hospital, watching the wounded shinobi that were waiting on the sides near the wall, many slouched over with bandages over various wounds, one even missing a limb while another had lost both eyes, ears and his nose to some sadist, the only reason he couldn’t kill himself was because he’d lost his fingers as well.

Suika was walking to the 5th floor before he saw the hokage, someone who, above all others, deserved respect.

“Lord Hokage.” Suika said, quickly dropping into a bow.
“No need to be so forma Suikazan; it’s good to see you’re alright.” The hokage said smiling. “How’s your friend doing?” Hiruzen inquired.
“I’m not sure yet I was on my way to visit.” Suika said.
“Please, allow me to join you.” The hokage replied.

The two walked into the room, number 69, were Reave and Kasumi lay side by side. Kasumi was alive the kick wasn’t lethal but it did shatter numerous ribs and cause severe internal bleeding as well as a small heart attack from the shock.

Reave on the other had was in worse shape, his physical injuries had healed but the genjutsu that he was placed under had done something to his mind and as a result he was in a coma.

The doctor, Mizu, walked in and saw the hokage. “Lord Hokage.” she said respectfully, followed by a bow similar to Suika.
“How is he doing?” Suika inquired.
“I’m not sure, since his body is fine, but for some reason he’s not waking up.” The doctor said.

Sarah wheeled herself in due to her femur having been broken by the explosion and shrapnel.

“Greetings I thought you’d still be under bed arrest.” The hokage said.
“I still am but I hate that bed so I stole a wheelchair.” Sarah said.
“More like threaten to rip out a throat.” The doctor said in a sarcastic manner.
“More importantly, how can you not like hospital beds!? I mean the buttons they’re like ‘zzzzzz’ and make the bed move!” Suika cried out. Sarah looked at him with a sense of disdain prompting Suika to shoot her a smirk. “Yeah, just try kill me, you can’t.”

“I heard that you were very brave during the battle.” Sarah said to Suika.
“It was nothing, just thank him.” Suika said pointing to Reave. “Chances are we’d all be dead if he didn’t lose his cool. And if he wasn’t such a reckless buffoon I probably woulda headed for the gate.” He mumbled. “Mighta gone back to get Hinata though… maybe Hanabi…”

Sarah chuckled at that comment since it was obvious that Suika had a crush on Hinata, had since they left the academy. Though his affection for her little sister somewhat bothered the father after the younger one had proposed to Suika with her mother’s ring. A fact that embarrassed anyone – correction everyone – present.

“I believed I was summoned here for a reason.” Sakura murmured lazily as she entered the room, stretching out her arm.
“Yes I need you to go get jiraiya .” Said the Hokage as he moved to pour a glass of water.

“Dammit.” Sakura mumbled under her breath.
Looking over the comment Hiruzen spoke again. “Suikazan I haven’t thanked you yet for what you did.”
“It’s not a problem Hokage-dono I’m sure any ninja would do what we did.” Suika said with the dumbest smile on his face. “Well… maybe not one with consent for his or her life.” He shrugged.

“Doctor I noticed that the young Hatake’s hair and nails have changed.” The Hokage commented as he lifted Reave’s head slightly to pour the water into his mouth so he could get some fluid into his body.

The doctor walked over and closely checked Reave his black hair was turning white while his nails were turning black, it was something to behold as it creeped ever so slowly, to a point of being almost unnoticeable for about two weeks or so.

“It’s called Marie Antoinette syndrome and it the body’s way to display his minds damage.” The doctor said as she rubbed her eyes, clearly tired.
“Is there any way to undo it?” Sarah asked.
“Yes he must accept it and actually accept it then maybe his body will return to normal.” The doctor said as she looked at Sarah.
“At this point I need to cry bullshit on that statement. You’re a doctor not a hippie!” Suika scolded.

“And what about miss Yuki?” The hokage said, turning a blind eye to the argument between the doctor and the former-experiment, Suika.
“I’m right here you know!” Kasumi said out loud.
“She had badly broken rips and it punctured a lung luckily that dumbass over there can really move it.” A second doctor said pointing to Suika and breaking up his argument with the first doctor who stomped out of the room.

The Hokage understood since it was mentioned in his file that Suika could move faster than most Anbu, though he rarely did so. Before anyone could continue their conversations Jiraiya walked in with a very pissed off Sakura holding his hair.

“Dammit let go!” Jiraiya shouted though Sakura refused to listen, instead tossing him to the floor in front of the Hokage.

After a few seconds Jiraiya was released and thankful for it to. “Jiraiya I need you to go get Tsunade.” The hokage said, a stern tone in the background of his old, ragged voice.
“Does she know about the sound ninja?” Jiraiya inquired.
“I’m almost certain of it and you will find her hiding out in one of the nearby towns.” The hokage replied.

“Lord hokage may I be bold?” Suika asked.
“What is it, Suikazan?” The hokage asked, his face giving an expression of curiosity.
“I would like to join Jiraiya-dono. He is a toad sage and so am I through my Hagoromo clan kekkei genkai, Gamagan, I’m also sure he can help with my frog kata.” Suika explained.

“I don’t have an issue also if you can do frog kata and use their abilities you might as well be contracted with them.” Jiraiya said in a nonchalant tone.
“Fuck you!” Suika said.
“Grrr.” Jiraiya growled at the much younger toad sage.

“Any word on Kakashi?” Sarah asked.
“He left on a mission and will be back a few days from now.” The Hokage replied.

Kakashi was with Guys team on a mission and here they were taking a break. Kakashi was looking at the locket and had a picture from his wallet of Sarah smiling with Reave having photobombed her in the background.

“How you holding up Kakashi?” Guy asked. Kakashi remained silent but his exposed eye told guy all that needed to be said, in was heavy-lidded as though sulking with its own eyelid. “I know you’re worried about them but remember Sarah is ANBU and Reave is your son, he knows how to take care of himself and we both know he’s one tough cookie!” guy said trying to lighten up the mood.

“How much longer until we catch this guy?” Kakashi asked.
“A few days.” Neji replied.

Their mission was to catch a rogue ninja that had allowed the sound to enter the village with an attack force of eighty thousand. Best guess was it was a trickle over a period of a year or so. Whoever was plotting had the military mind of Sun Tzu and nothing less.

… … … … …
Halfway to the next town Suika sat upon a tree branch with a small metal cup in one hand as he swung his leg over the branch like a pendulum. He took a small sip from the cup before swishing in around and tasting it again.

“The beans were burnt, note-to-self; refrain from buying beans from the Haruno Roasting Company.” He muttered, looking down at the dark fluid, the reflection of the north star prominent in the cup. “Though, I’m sure I could make the rest of this stuff work with the right method.” He continued.

“Suika, it’s dark!” Jiraiya yelled as he shot up from his sleeping bag.
“Yeah yeah, I know.” Suika replied as he took another sip from the coffee.
“Why didn’t you wake me up!?”
“Do you recall why you passed out, perhaps?” Suika inquired.
“No… what happened?”
“You had a nose bleed and lost about a litre of blood, which, honestly, is rather impressive. Fortunately one of those prostitutes was kind enough to spare some blood so let’s just hope she wasn’t lying around with AIDS.”
“WHAAAAT!”