Unlikely frienship

First day at a ninja academy, not something particularly worth forgetting, is it? Well… today it was Reave’s first day. Rin had walked him to the academy as Obito and Kakashi were out on a mission.

“You excited?” Rin asked as she held the little kid’s hand, if you consider a kid whose first day at the ninja academy was right then and there a little kid.
“Yup!” Reave said smiling.

Reave was in a black pair of track suit pants with a black vest on top of a long sleeved mesh suit, all finished with a pair of metal cap, ankle-high boots and his pendant.

Reave was a lot like his father with the calm and relaxed outlook he was also too smart for his own good but at the same time he was like his mother Mikoto in the caring and soft side but one thing was without a doubt he had the Uchiha temper and the Hatake focus.

Rin was thinking about the past 5 years with Reave being attacked multiple times but also all the laugher that they had shared, it was a sweet memory and something she wouldn’t let go of.

“You nervous?” Rin asked, she was the one who was nervous.
“Nope.” And that was all she got in response, quick, short and simple.

Rin saw Reave struggling to get his pony tail done, he really hated haircuts, during his first one he cut his head open when he wouldn’t sit still, since then he hated razors and tried to cut his hair as little as possible, just enough to keep it manageable.

Regardless his hair was shaved on the sides and back with the hair on the top pulled back into a pony tail a short one, barely 10cm, to say the least.

“Thanks.” Reave smiled.

After being dropped off Reave found his way to class and was greeting by a paper ball flying past his head but he seemed unfazed by it.

“Who’s that?” one girl asked.
“I don’t know lets go find out?” the other replied.

Both girls walked up to Reave who was sitting in the back row twiddling his thumbs.

“Hi.” One said nervously.
“Hello.” Reave replied.

“I’m Chelsea.” She said.
“Reave.” The boy replied plainly.
“You’re new.”
“What gave it away?” Reave said nervously

Before the conversation could go further a boy come up from the front of the class and grabbed reave by the throat before pushing him against the wall.

“I know who you are!” He said in anger.
“And who am I?” reave replied.

“A demon!” He spat before throwing a punch at Reave only to get a kick to the stomach which sent him down the stairs.
“So what if I am.” Reave replied as he took his seat again.

Before things could escalate further a teacher walked in and everyone took their seats.

“Okay class since this is your first day in the academy, welcome.” The teacher said. “I’m Iruka Umino, and I’m going to supervise your training but first ill need to access your fitness” Iruka said.

Everyone gathered up outside where Reave saw Iruka trying to take away one of the kid’s toys. He was six but considerably shorter than Reave, maybe a growth defect of sorts. And what was the toy, a scythe with a four foot long staff and three blades of 1.25 feet, 1 foot and 0.75 feet, the signature weapon of Yugakure.

“Hey! This is mine!” The boy cried, seemingly having no trouble holding up the clearly heavy weapon, given how Iruka was struggling. “Uncle Hidan gave it to me.”

The kid had silver hair in a ducktail hairdo, fair skin, odd cyan eyes and wore a simple black hoodie, three quarter pants, sandals and donned a holster for the scythe on his back.

“You’re only six, you shouldn’t be carrying something like this around.”
“But WHYYYY!?” The kid cried, pulling the scythe away again and forcing the three blades into the concrete floor behind him.
“Fine! Fine! You can keep it, just don’t kill anyone with it.” Iruka replied with a light squeak.
“YAY!”

“Who’s that?” Reave asked, Iruka who shuddered at the youngster’s strength.
“That’s Suikazan Hagoromo, he went on a holiday to Yugakure and didn’t come back for a month, when they found him his eyes turned cyan and he got a massive boost in physical abilities.” Iruka replied. “No one really knows what happened to him, but I hope you get to catch up to him someday soon. He could use a challenge.” Iruka laughed.

The class lined up on the running course, it went completely around Konoha so it wasn’t by any stretch of the imagination short. Iruka blew the whistle and the class started running with most of them immediately falling behind Suikazan, all except for Reave.

“Oh, someone can keep up with me?” Suikazan commented, looking over his shoulder. “Hi, I’m Suikazan Hagoromo, and you are.”
“Reave.”
Suikazan sweat-dropped a little. “Generally one gives their full name.”
“Reave Hatake.”
“Ok, Reave Hatake, it’s good to see a relative of Kakashi’s around. So then… I guess that makes you my rival.” Suikazan smiled with a thumb’s up. “Call me Suika.”
“And you can eat my dust.” Reave replied as he ran ahead of Suika.
“Oh, it’s on.” Suika replied, running after the son-of-kakashi.

Around an hour later they had covered the entirety of Konoha and arrived only to find most of the kids collapsed after running a short while and having to be carried back.

The two boys laughed at the rest of the class before taking a seat on a swing set and competing to see who could swing the highest.

“You know, there’s a really weird energy about you.” Suika commented.
“Oh? You noticed.”
“Yup. When I was in Yugakure they taught me all about Demon energies.” Suika explained. “That’s what you have, right.” Reave was silent. “Awe come on jinchuriki-san. You’d be petrified if you knew what kind of a demon I was.” Suika said, pulling out his tongue at Reave, trying to make him feel better.
“What’re you.”
“Well… It’s kind of hard to explain, I can’t remember the word but I can’t die.”
“Wha-?”