ANBU that caught the Sharingan

Close to a year has passed since Kakashi and reave moved into their new place and things have gone smoothly if you don’t count the countless teething nappies Kakashi has dealt with. But, that aside, today was special as it was reaves first birthday and Kakashi was nervous for it since Reave hadn’t gotten very many friends, in fact he had no friends since everyone was afraid of him at daycare.

Reave was playing with a soft toy version of a kunai, a toy which Kakashi couldn’t resist getting him. Guy was the first one to show up and has a guitar on his back as well as a wrapped present under his arm.

“Hey Kakashi!” Guy said having a big smile on his face as usual.

Guy placed the present down in the living room and smiled at Reave who seemed to brighten up at the sight. Though how one could brighten up at a grown man in a skin tight green jumpsuit is seemingly unbeknownst, perhaps it’s the age group or Guy’s haircut.

“There is my favorite nephew!” Guy said in a happy tone as he picked up Reave and tickled him.

“Kakashi isn’t his hair getting a bit long?” Guy said as he noticed reaves long hair that almost reached halfway down his neck.
“I’ll get it cut in his second birthday just like my father did with me.” Kakashi replied before he let Yugao in.

“Hey guys!” Yugao said in her usual cheerful tone, scanning the room for the little fella with a silver eye. “There’s the birthday boy!” Yugao said in a childish tone which prompted Reave to burst out in laugher.

Anko was the last to arrive, and placed what she brought with the rest of the group. “So how’s the brat?” Anko asked in a bit of an ‘I don’t care’ tone.

“His name is Reave.” Kakashi said in frustration.

Tea was served and before anyone could hand there present forward a knock on the door was heard. Kakashi got up and opened the door but was shocked to see Obito and Rin, his long-time teammates.

“What are you guys doing here?” Kakashi asked, shocked at seeing his old team.
“Think we’d miss out on our godchild’s first birthday.” Rin said in a playful tone.
“We finished the mission early so we could be here.”Obito said as he scratched the back of his head.

Rin has her usually outfit on which consisted of a long sleeve black shirt with purple legging, a cream colour hoodie tied around her waist and slandered issue ninja sandals; she was still wearing her flak jacket. She had short brown hair and her signature purple blocks on her cheeks.

Obito  has his headband covering his left eye, a gift he gave to Kakashi. Obito donned his usual attire which consisted of his usual short sleeved black shirt with black tracksuit pants along with ninja sandals. He also has his flak jacket on with a wrapped present on his back.

Kakashi welcomed in friends in and reave started fighting Guy to reach Rin. Rin moved and picked up reave who giggled while he played with her patches.

“To think my cousin is my god son. Kinda forgotten how many cousins away though.”  Obito joked with Kakashi.
“Let’s open presents since I’m sure this little Uchiha wants to see what he got!” Rin jokes giving Reave an Eskimo kiss.

“Actually he’s a Hatake.” Kakashi said scratching the back of his head.
“Good wouldn’t want people thinking he’s mine and calling me in when he gets in trouble. ”Obito joked.

“What makes you think he’ll get into trouble?” Anko asked.
“Simple he’s my nephew and Kakashi’s son.” Obito jokes before claiming a seat on the floor next to Kakashi, as Rin, Yugao, Anko and Guy took the couch and Reave was sat down in the middle of the circle.

“Mine first!” Guy shouted and handed reave a box the size of him.

It was a green leotard just likes Guy’s, something that scared the living daylights out of Kakashi.
Anko handed hers to reave who struggled to rip the paper until Kakashi decided to help. Anko’s was a blanket with snakes on them which fascinated Reave who tried to pick up the snakes.
Yugao’s was a toy katana that Reave promptly tried to smack Kakashi with and was laughing the entire time as Kakashi took a few whacks to the head.
Obito’s and Rin’s gift was a toy nine tailed fox which Reave wouldn’t let go off and would cry when someone tried to take it, even though it was only shortly after receiving it.

Kakashi pulled a small box from his pocket and it was a pendant for a hammer which reached Reave’s knees when he stood.

Everyone had some chocolate cake after Reave pulled down Kakashi’s mask and proceeded to try to the concealing piece of fabric.Kakashi gave up trying to get the mask loose from reave and everyone had already seen his face because of this child. Rin grabbed reave and held him close and both looked at Obito who took a picture at just the right moment.

The photo captured Reave’s arms around Rin’s neck as she held him against her, both of them looking at the camera and smiling while Kakashi was getting a bear hug in the background from Guy.

“This one’s a keeper.” Obito commented.
“Why don’t we all get a picture!?” Rin said in an excited tone.

Everyone piled on the couch, Kakashi was in the middle with Reave on his lap while Anko was on his left and Yugao was on his right, guy was next to Anko and Obito was next to Yugao with Obito having Rin on his lap.

An ANBU had showed up and was asked to take a photo since she was on duty with watching Reave by orders of the Hokage.

The Anbu handed her own present to reave which was a mini ANBU wolf mask… somewhat typical of an ANBU gift.

Before the ANBU could leave Reave quickly placed his hands on her mask leaving two chocolate handprints as he practically threw himself at her. The ANBU was shocked as reave smiled and laugh at her fox mask.

Other ANBU landed on the balcony to check on their squad mate just to see her with reave in her arms. The other ANBU decided to join after being invited by Kakashi.

Another two gifts were handed to reave and it was a mini ninja card saying ANBU in training while the other was a colouring book; something reave was likely going to put a lot of red in.

Reave pulled off the Fist ANBU’s mask much to her resistance and then smiled at her innocently while Kakashi’s breath caught in his throat.

‘She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.’ Kakashi thought to himself silently.

She had dark green eyes with short black hair and delicate facial features along with a small scar under her right eye.

“Now that you’ve had your fun young man please can I have my mask back?” She said in a stern tone.

Reave started to have tears dwell in his eyes. “There is no need to cry you’re not in trouble I’d just like my mask back.” She said as a small smile graced her lips.

Obito nudged Kakashi so he’d stop staring at her. Reave gave her mask back and then hugged her before he quickly fell asleep in her arms.

“How did you do that?” Kakashi inquired in disbelief.
“Simple a woman’s touch.” She replied plainly.

“Maybe you should come by every night to get him to sleep so I don’t panic about rolling over on top of him.” Kakashi jokes scratching the back of his head.
“Maybe I will as long as I get dinner.” She replied in a joking manner.

She took reave to his crib and placed him down with this fox  before leaving, before she could leave Obito spoke. “So what’s your name since Kakashi can’t take his eye of you but won’t ask.”
“Sarah.” She replied before leaping out the window.

Rin smack Obito on the back of his head before dragging him out behind everyone else.

It was a long clean up but once Kakashi had finished he climbed into bed and went to sleep… something likely well deserved if you’ve been catering for an infant for a year.

Please leave a like and comment as all feed back is welcome.