I See Dad

What will he say to me? Will he even recognize me or Ben?  Thoughts like these flutter through my mind, haunting me with every breath that I take; so much that I can't sleep at night. As Ben, Uncle Robert, and Aunt Catherine arrived at the hospital, I saw him: all wrapped up in a blanket, with some type of stretcher surrounding the bed, and a nurse caring for him.

"D-Dad, c-can you hear me?" Ben asked.

"Ben, don't pressure him to speak. Let him speak at his own pace." Aunt Catherine advised. "How are you, dear brother?"

"He's about to talk. Everyone, please be quiet!" Justin yelled.

"H-hello, Catherine, Robert, Ben, and John. I'm really g-glad to see you all." Dad stuttered.

"Hi. How are you doing, Tristan?" Uncle Robert asked.

"Been better. Oh, this is my nurse, Rebecca Rellington."

"Hi. Nice to meet you. How long is he supposed to stay here?" Ben asked. "I need my dad back. I miss you so much." Ben began hugging Dad as if he was a little kid again; wrapping his arms around Dad's neck.

"Uh...Let me get the doctor. Oh, Doctor Mary-Eloise? How long does Tristan stay here?" The nurse walked over to a short woman with blond hair, who appeared to be in her late forties. 

"Hm...Good, real good. Should be home in a couple days."

"Really? That's so awesome!" Ben shouted with glee.

"You're going to be home soon, Dad, hold in just a little longer." Justin said.

Will the father be alive when he comes out of the hospital? Read to find out; and don't forget to vote and comment, please.