The First Few Days

You know when you have a relative in a hospital or in crisis or something that you worry about them all the time, no matter how hard you try to get them out of your head, you just can't? That's how I feel about Dad. Just like that. Something's holding me back. To keep me from not missing him. I guess it's just common sense. Ben thought, getting ready to see how his dad was doing.

"Aunt Catherine, how's my dad doing? Any word from the hospital? Can we go see him? I miss him very much." Ben complained.

"In fact, I just got a letter from him," Aunt Catherine said excitedly. "Here." She put the piece of paper down on the counter top.

I read it over and over again, treasuring every word, imagining him writing those words. 

Dear Ben, Justin, John, and my dear sister Catherine, and Uncle Robert,

I have been here for a week now. It is very busy here and a nurse is helping me write this due to me being so weak from being in this white and creaky hospital bed that I've been in. 

There is a lot to do: breakfast at 8, therapy at 9, a break lasting from 9-9:30, more group therapy lasting from 10-11, with another break in between, then rest from 11-11:30. The schedule goes on like that: tons and tons of group therapy, until I see a therapist at 2 until 3 on Wednesdays, and then again on Fridays at 4:45-5:30. A whole lot of therapy, but I'm pushing through. God will help me through this, don't  worry about me. I love you guys. And, you can visit me from 2-4 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1-3. The weekend hours are: Saturdays from 3-5, and Sundays are from 1-2. There are plenty of options for you, Ben, John, and Robert to visit me, Catherine. Bring Ben and John if you would like. 

To all of you: Do not loose hope; I will get through this. With Him, I can do anything. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Repeat this whenever you're in a tough spot and can't see a way out. Know that I love you and I will always love you. I will take care of you guys as soon as I'm well enough to get out of the hospital, which is now in seven weeks. 

Group therapy is starting, so I have to close here.

Goodbye, and remember: stay strong.

Sincerely, Tristen

"Thank you for showing us the letter, Aunt Catherine," Ben said, very relieved to have heard from his father.

"There is hope." Uncle Robert gleefully said.

"There is hope indeed." Justin replied, "There is hope indeed."

HOPE-Hold On Pain Ends. There is hope for everything and everyone. Remember, hope is a great thing to have, and don't forget to vote and comment, please.