☾Au☽ Prince!Levi x Princess!Reader | Rendezvous [27]

Start from the beginning

A soft knock on the terrace door was heard. I glanced at it and saw Reiner. I opened the door and let him speak.

"Your Highness, the Kings wants to see you. He is currently at the Garden. I believe your awaited visitors have arrived just now." With a curt nod, I walked away. As I walked, I heard the fabric rustle, as it tickled my legs.

I went down the stairs, and it was not an easy task, since I was not really a fan of these stairs anymore. I did like playing here when I was still young, though.

"Ahh! If it isn't the lovely young Princess of Freiheit!" King Ackerman greeted with a huge smile plastered on his face. I returned the gesture as I continued to walk closer to give each visitor a kiss on the cheek. Well, of course except for the Prince. He reluctantly took my delicate hands and gave it a quick kiss.

I could feel that the greeting was genuine, since that is one word that would perfectly describe this King.

"My goodness, you've... grown!" My mother, eyeing on the Prince, said with delight, except when she had to say the last word. Her eyes sparkled as she held onto my father's right arm. I stood beside my father.

"Yes, and grew even more quiet than before, I would say." Queen Kuchel, graceful as ever, replied to my Mother's comment. I swore I heard him click his tongue.

"Why don't you spend this time together with Princess (Y/N), Levi?" His father suggested but left us both without caring if we wanted this or not.

The air grew a little tense, and I avoided eye contact. There was a moment of silence, but he surprisingly broke it.

"So, Princess (Y/N), do you still remember me?" I looked at him, raising my brow.

"Do you think I'd forget? Of course I do, Prince Rivaille." We started to walk around the garden.

"Don't call me that. That name is shit." I whipped my head at his direction, reacting rather weirdly at the sound of profanity.

"What, have you not heard of that word ever?" I chuckled at his question. Sure I have heard it.

"You really do underestimate my capability to remember things, don't you? Of course I have, and I have learned it from your mouth a few years back." I said with confidence, closing my eyes for a bit, while my head was slightly tilted upwards.

"Tch." Was all he said. His phase was a little faster than mine at the moment, so I tried to catch up without making a fool of myself.

"Why did your father call you Levi just now?" I asked, since I wouldn't just let the both of us walk around the entire garden quietly.

"I don't give a flying fuck why I was named Rivaille, but the nickname was based off of our Country's name Surleviá, obviously." The sudden use of such language made me flinch again. This man does not act like a prince at all.

"You haven't changed a bit, Levi. You're still as cold as ever." I chuckled, feeling the breeze on my cheeks.

"I know that very well. You on the other hand changed quite a lot." He said without hint of any emotion at all, checking me out. The air suddenly felt hot around me, or was I the only one feeling that?

"How do you say?"

"You no longer have that snot you always used to have when we were kids. Plus, your ass got bigger." He had a devilish smirk on his face, which made me blush harder along with the words he just said.