☾Au - Part 2☽ Levi x Reader - Zombie Apocalypse [20]

What's your fave one-shot I made so far? I'm interested to know!

I'll save you even if my bones turn into mush

It has been roughly a month ever since Levi saved (Y/N) with Hanji tagging along. Within those days, they searched for shelter, food and gathered up strength in order to survive. Luckily, they were with Levi and they somehow trained together.

While seeking for shelter, they have come across a young boy named Eren, who has recently lost the love of his life. He said she was named Mikasa, and Levi reminds him of her. Eren was in the mood to tell them about how Mikasa died, but only the two girls were interested.

"I hate how she always tries to protect me. I hate it so damn much. She always does that, and it reminds me how fucking weak I am. She protected from a horde of zombies... jumping right at the horde in order to distract them so I could keep running. I wanted to die at that moment, with her... But she kept shouting for me to live, and so I did.. but I felt that I've died along with her." His head was away from their sight, but Levi knew he was crying, but he let him be. He thought that he'd also feel like that if it ever happens to (Y/N), but he quickly shook the idea out of his mind because he didn't want to think of it.

"I'm so sorry, dear." Hanji sighed, while (Y/N) patted his head.

"I hate to break this lovely moment, but we have to gather some supplies. 2 people should stay in, guard and re-enforce the walls while 2 people should go out." Levi said sarcastically. Hanji stood up fron her seat, suggesting that Eren and herself should stay.

"I wonder if we'll ever live normally again..." She murmered while looking for supplies inside a grocery store. They were trying to loot anything, but there's nothing much left to loot.

"It would only be in our hopes and dreams... it's too impossible to be normal again, but as long as I'm with you, that's good enough for me." Levi felt the sudden urge to kiss every inch of her face, but they were in enemy territory. It would be dangerous to be caught off guard.

She couldn't think of a response so she just smiled genuinely at him, even though he couldn't see it. She was behind him. She was too overwhelmed to even respond, so she just followed behind him, admiring his small but manly figure.

Something caught Levi's eyes and she immediately tried to look for whaterver it was. He took something, scanning it.

"A fucking energy bar. There's only one." He tossed the bar at her. She catched it. In actuality, Levi was starving to death, but he chose to give it to her. She mumbled a thanks, opening it with her mouth, savouring the flavor, even if it tasted a bit old. She decided to leave half for him.

"Here, have this." She tried stuffing it on his mouth, but he refused.

"Eat it, you need it more than I do." He continued to walk. She was still hungry, but she hesitated on eating it because Levi hasn't eaten. She reluctantly hid the remaining half inside her pocket, in case Levi needs it.

"Do you still have some energy? I know a little store that might still have some food. We've got to give it a shot."

"Yes, thanks to your energy bar." She faintly smiled, causing his lips to curve as well. Levi thought he didn't need food to live, he just needed her.

After a few minutes of walking and killing some zombies that they've come across, they finally arrived. The store was small, and there were a few zombies that were close, but they just used their stealth skills that they've develop through the month to get past them. Once they were in front of the store, Levi checked inside if there were zombies, making loud noises in order to lure them out of the store. They waited for a couple of seconds, nothing came out so they made their way inside the store, hoping to find food.

"Levi, there's a cracker over here!" She took the cracker, but she dropped it when she felt a strong tug, causing her to fall. She screamed and Levi immediately ran to her side. His eyes widened when he saw a huge zombie. It was slow, but very dangerous. Its mouth is only a few inches away from her toes. She tried wiggling away, but her ribs started to hurt because of the sudden fall. He took out his gun and fired two shots, alarming the nearby zombies. They both heard the growls and moans of the zombies outside that were on their way to the store. From the sound of it, there were a lot of zombies, far more from what they saw!

Levi carried (Y/N) bridal style as quickly as possible and ran from behind the store, so they wouldn't attract the zombies that were headed to the store they just got out of. Unfortunately, some still spotted them and sprinted towards the couple. (Y/N) noticed the zombies sprinting and informed Levi about it. He grabbed her tight and started sprinting as well, trying to get away from the growing horde of zombies.

"I'm so sorry, I'm such a burden." She cried, blaming herself for her incompetence.

"Don't. You are never a burden to me." He was beginning to slow down, his breath hitching. But he still tried his best because he won't let himself and his love falter.

"Look, a bike!" She pointed at the rusty bicycle, but it looked like it would still work despite its appearance. Levi let (Y/N) sit behind him and he started to step on the paddle as fast as he could. Luckily, they got away from the horde. But, they were still in zombie territory, so it wasn't completely safe.

"We're almost home, keep an eye out for me, okay?" Levi was breathing heavily, but still kept his speed. She nodded and did what Levi has asked her to do.

We're going back to Hanji and Eren and be safe again...