Ch 11 - Jealousy & Inner thoughts

Começar do início

He sat near me on the bed and bent down to my level and held my forearms while holding an intense gaze on me, I was momentarily surprised and asked "What are you doing?".

"That's what I am asking you Evelyn what are you doing? What happened to you? I know after our talk you were happy but now here you are like a flickering leaf. What happened I want to know to get you so afraid" He asked.

I could not tell him about what happened because it involves his brother and I know he warned me and why would he trust me over his brother so I looked down after composing myself and said "Mr. Evans release me ".

"What ?" He said looking confused.

"You are hurting me your grip is tight" I told him while wincing in pain because of his tight grip

He immediately released my wrists and said "I am sorry Evelyn, but I want to know what happened?" 

I know he wanted to know what happened but I could not relieve the memory again so I said "Nothing Mr.Evans I.. I saw nightmare and I freaked out when there was no light and when I saw you entered I thought my nightmare was turning real and I could not hold it".

He looked at me for a while and then said "Sleep Evelyn we will talk tomorrow".

"Mr. Evans about divorce .." I tried asking but he cut me off saying  "Evelyn we will talk later not now" and went to get ready for bed in order to avoid talking. 

I didn't know what to feel after being with him for one and half month today he showed some emotions towards me but I knew soon his sympathy will die and I will be again the lonely wife I was. So I made my mind to talk to him tomorrow morning so that I can get my freedom the fastest way.

I woke up from my slumber and found that it was 7:30 AM and Mr. Evans was nowhere in sight. I refreshed myself and rushed to the breakfast table where I can catch him. When I reached down I found no one on the table.

When I was about to move to the kitchen I found Loyd coming out and when he saw me he smiled and bowed.

"Mam would you like some breakfast".

"Loyd where is Mr. Evans" I asked.

"Mam may I know which Mr. Evans you are referring to" He asked.

"I am asking about my husband" I replied.

"Well Mam Mr. Evans left for his office as he had some urgent meeting" He said.

Knowing that my attempt to catch Mr. Evans was futile I turned to go back to my room when Loyd interrupted me and said "Mam Mr. Evans said you need to have your breakfast as you have to take your medicines soon".

"I am not feeling hungry Loyd but thank you for telling me that" I said.

"Mam I will send some breakfast along with your medicines with Maria" I looked at him as if he didn't heard what I said before but he continued "Don't want Mr. Evans to lash out on us" he said smiling.

I understood that if Mr. Evans comes to know that he didn't do his job he will be lashing at him and knowing I have been always a cause of distress for him he would not spare this moment to say the most hateful things he wants it would be a good chance for him so in order to avoid all the drama, I said "ok fine Loyd" I said smiling.

I went to my room and looked around but there was nothing that I could do when I found the book I was reading before Steven and his mother came. I was reading it when I heard a knock and felt that someone kept the food on the tray. I knew Maria will not disturb me so I continued reading when I heard his voice "Love you can read later, Now it's time for food and medicine".