Mirrors

A cold, drifting breeze woke the boy up as it sent shivers down his spine. Not normal, chilled shivers but hair raising, uneasy ones. Something made him feel nervous, concerned for something. But what?

His eyes opened slowly, and as his eyes slowly began to focus on his darkened surroundings, he froze. One thing he realized, the warm body he had fallen asleep next to was no longer beside him. No longer keeping him warm, protecting him. His gaze shot from side to side, trying to focus on the darkness that surrounded him in a thick, heavy manner. It was unnatural and he wasn't okay with it at all. Curling his knees up to his chest, he touched the ground around him with the tips of his fingers, making a wide circling motion. It was cold and smooth, yet still somewhat grainy and rough. It was concrete, somewhat wet with a sort of dew. A loud click and a flash of light made Taehyung tense as he looked up to the light that was above him, focusing down on his shaking frame like a spotlight. He was shaking from the cold, yet also from fear. Somehow, this strange place had completely stripped every last bit of confidence he had been holding onto and made him feel weak, small.

A deep, oddly familiar yet strange voice spoke. "So, you've finally come to see me, have you?"

Taehyung's eyes tried to focus in the direction of the voice, yet he couldn't. It seemed to be everywhere, surrounding him. Engulfing him completely until it was almost deafening. He clenched his hands over his ears, balling them up into fists as he shut his eyes tightly. "Stop!" he shouted, and everything stopped. Stillness, for several minutes. Taehyung relaxed slightly, straightening his back up slightly as he stood and tried to move from his spot. He wanted to run. But as he attempted to lift his foot to place it before the other, he couldn't. It was like his muscles wouldn't work. He fell limp, landing on his hands and knees with his head hanging low from his shoulders.

"What took you so long?" the strange voice spoke again, but slightly softer this time.

"Who are you?" Taehyung asked quickly in response, his stress heating his body until he was no longer cold, but beginning to sweat.

The voice scoffed, slightly hurt by the boy's words. "You don't know? And here, I thought we were growing closer." The emphasis on 'closer' made Taehyung shiver again, uncomfortable in this setting and with this unknown force speaking to him.

"I- I don't-" he stuttered out, beginning to shake again. But this time, from fear. He just wanted to go back, go home. Home to Seokjin, home to Jungkook.

The voice that once surrounded him focused to one spot, dead ahead. Squinting, he tried to see the figure before him. "You really don't know me, what a pity." it spoke as it crouched before him, now near enough to the light to reveal part of his face which appeared to be half covered by a black hoodie.

Taehyung lifted his head slowly, since he had dropped his gaze when the figure neared him. His dark brown eyes were filled with confusion and fear. Narrowing his eyes, he tried to study the face that was now somewhat visible. His heart skipped a beat when he saw something oddly familiar in the features. The figure smirked, "You're remembering, hm?"

"Wh- remembering?"

"I knew we were close.."

"I don't understand-"

After Taehyung spoke, he flinched when the figure drew his hands up and slid the hood off. The boy completely froze, using his arms to force himself to back away from the male he could now see. "Who are you?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"This isn't possible.."

"Oh, but it is." He chuckled, standing up slowly and walking towards Taehyung.

"I'm you, your inner self. Your better self." he stated darkly, a wild and terrifying look coming over his expression. The man looked just like him, yet different. He was covered in marks. Scars upon scars. They were peppered across his arms, and his face was bruised. His right eye was shaded in odd shades of black and purple, and his cheek had a bloody cut that was somewhat fresh.

"I don't see how-" he shook his head, trying to back away still. "How are you.. me? What is this place?"

"You don't know? You're inside yourself. Your mind. Every little thought you have, I have. I am you, you are me. We are one."

"But your.. your arms. Your scars. I don't have those-"

"But you've thought of them. Every time you considered it, I received these." He opened his arms, pulling his sleeves up higher to reveal all of the marks. Taehyung stepped closer to his broken self, tears of pain welling up in his eyes. He didn't understand how, why, or what brought him here but he wanted answers.

"It's okay, you can rest now." the scarred boy responded before Taehyung could speak.

"Rest? No, I have to go back.. to Jungkook-ah."

"There's no need for that now, you're here. You can stay." he answered again, his tone slightly darker.

"I don't want to..." Taehyung quickly spoke after the other finished, backing away slowly. Suddenly, the pain and confusion left him. It was only fear that remained. How was he supposed to leave? How could he wake himself, if he was stuck within his own mind? Turning away from the figure, he began to sprint off into the nothingness. Running into the shadows, he glanced over his shoulder to see the broken boy still standing where he left him. Beneath the light, his head hanging slightly with the fringe of his hair covering his eyes. Taehyung turned back, continuing to run off into the dark until he couldn't run anymore. He fell to his knees, his entire body quivering and drenched in sweat. Coughing to clear his lungs, he inhaled and exhaled deeply several times to catch his breath before he froze again. Above him, another light turned on. Yet this time, there was no voice. Only the outline of a door with a bright light behind it, peeking through the frame.

He stood, walking cautiously towards the door. It opened when he neared it, causing him to lift an arm to block his eyes when the light began to blind him. After a moment, he felt a grip on his arm, though he kept his arm up due to the light. He couldn't see who or what had him, but he willingly allowed the figure to lead him through the door and into another room. Everything went white, blinding and beautiful as he lowered his arm slowly. It was breath taking, until it all went dark, once again.

A/N:

idk what I'm doing with this but enjOy <; drop your theories down below lovelies <333