Without me (Wynonna x reader)

Request: can you do a fem reader x wynonna where the reader gets hurt and almost dies (wynonna has feelings for her but she hasn't told her) so wynonna gets pissed at the reader and kisses her bc she has mixed feelings (mad and terrified) but she decides to tell the reader that she loves her? idk if u understand, sorry if you don't

a/n: loosely based on 2x04

Wynonna never saw herself falling in love.

She never saw herself finding someone who she could tolerate spending the rest of her life with. 

She never saw herself meeting someone who could fall in love with her, flaws and all. 

Then you came along and made her second guess everything she had ever known.

Wynonna was the bravest person you knew but the one thing she didn't have the courage to do was make herself vulnerable enough to tell you how she felt. 

That was until you almost died.

You and Wynonna, after much convincing to her to let you come with, had to rescue Waverly from Lucado's undercover mission at the club where the three of you ended up getting captured by Jaxon and his crew.

They had you all tied up in the basement trying to get Wynonna to spill the combination to this mysterious briefcase that everyone seemed to want. 

Jaxon threatened to cut off your head if Wynonna didn't tell him. 

He had you face down, pinned against the table with the blade against the back of your neck when he heard a commotion coming from upstairs.

This distraction allowed you to wiggle yourself free and push him away so you could free Wynonna and Waverly.

Wynonna dealt with Jaxon and you all escaped the club thanks to Doc taking care of the goons in the lounge area.

Now you and Wynonna sat alone in the dining room of the homestead, you were applying aloe to the rope burns around her wrists.

"I told you you shouldn't have come," Wynonna said wincing as the cold lotion touched her burned skin.

"I wasn't going to let you go there alone Wynonna," you told her, "when are you going to realize that we're a team, where you go, I go."

"But you could have died. You almost did, what if Doc hadn't of showed up? Jaxon would have cut your head off because I didn't know the combination to that stupid briefcase," she said angrily as she stood up from the table.

"And what if I hadn't gone and it was Waverly he threatened to kill? Would you be this upset with her too?" you asked following her as she walked to the living room.

"Yes I would have. I love you both too much to lose either of you," Wynonna said stopping in her tracks when she realized what she said. 

"You love me?" you asked softly.

Wynonna turned around to look at you, "Yes I do, I love you Y/N," she said more confidently knowing there was no going back now, "and If anything ever happened to you... I just don't know what I would do."

You took a step closer to her so you were standing face to face.

"I love you too Wynonna," you smiled.

Wynonna just stared at you for a moment, looking down to your lips before surging forward to kiss you.

You wrapped your arms around her neck as she rested her hands on your hips, bringing you even closer, getting lost in the moment. 

You pulled away, taking in a deep breath to let the air come back to your lungs.

"It's a good thing you won't have to find out what life without me is like 'cause I'm not going anywhere Wynonna."