fear

art credit: @maplevogel on tumblr

          I could feel my whole body tremble as I saw Lance's father burst through the door. I saw Allura standing behind him, too, her eyes full of tears as she saw her older brother holding me. I could feel Lance's hands drop from my face and his heart beating loudly as his father stormed towards us.

          "I knew I shouldn't have let Galra into my palace.. I knew I couldn't trust your father, I knew I couldn't trust you. Now I see you, coming onto my son, I swear if I see your disgusting race in my castle ever again, you'll wish your ancestors had never existed to produce a wretched being like you," his father death glared me, and I ran out of the castle, hearing Lance's yells to call me back. 

          I'm so stupid. I knew this would've happened. Why am I like this? Lance was right, all I do is push people and I don't stop until I get what I want. But.. Is this really what I wanted? I ran and  until I reached the ocean. Gosh.. I wish I could just get washed away by the shore and never be seen again. That'll be best for everyone, though right?

          Lightning flashed and I gripped onto the sheets, trembling. 

         "Hey, Keith, buddy, it's okay! It won't hurt you because I'll be right beside you to protect you from the scary lightning monsters!" Lance exclaimed. I felt myself getting even more scared. "Er.. Which don't exist! So you don't even have to worry about any monsters!" I hugged him and felt his warmth. From then on I knew that I would be by his side forever.

I woke up, still on the beach shore. Of course, things like that don't happen in real life, I wouldn't be by his side forever, not someone like me. Someone like Lance, though, he was a prince. So he deserved someone worthy of his time, again, not me. 

          I walked along the beach, tracing the scars on my hand from when I had punched the doorknob. I was nervous. What would my dad say when he found out? Now, I haven't only put me and Lance in danger, but my entire race. I knew we'd be banned from planet Altea, but we had nowhere else to go. I kept walking along the beach, until I saw Hunk, a human who had visited here from Earth. 

        "Hey, Keith! I haven't seen you in ages! Woah, did something happen? You look like you've just gone through a breakup or something," He laughed, but then I gave him a look. 

        "Shoot, did something happen?" He rest his hand on my shoulder reassuringly as I nodded my head. 

      I explained to him what had happened, and he pulled me into a tight hug. He held my face and looked into my eyes. 

       "Listen, man. You're one of my best friends, soif you ever are going through a rough time, please tell me," He comforted me. 

      I nodded again when I heard a familiar voice from around me, almost cracking with tears. 

        "So as soon as I turn my back, you start flirting with one of my best friends, Keith? After what had just happened?!" I turned around and saw Lance, lready with puffy eyes, he must have been crying all night. 

         "L-Lance, your dad? Is everything okay?" I rushed over and grabbed his hands. 

         He pulled them away from me. "No, Keith. Things are everything BUT okay! And now I see you f-flirting with some other guy! What the hell, Keith!? At first I was going to ask you to run away with me, so we could start a life together, bu then I see this shit!" His voice cracked. 

          "No, Lance! It really isn't what it seems!" 

          "No, no. Keith, We need to take a break from each other. And good luck with talking with your parents tonight." Lance stormed off. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhh sorry for the long wait for this chapter! school started a bit ago and I already have so many projects due TT. also, if you could find any of the artists I used for my pictures in previous chapters, please tell me! I would love to credit them for their work