i never thought you could hurt me like this

Today at the beach was probably the first time I really saw Lance get flustered. I knew I shouldn't have gone, this had seemed fishy since the beginning. Gosh, I just wish I could erase everything that happened between me and that boy, just so my heart wouldn't ache as much. 

          "Keith? Are you ready?" My dad came into my room.

          "Yeah, almost, I just need to finish fixing my hair," I explained to him. 

          "I'm glad that you're taking your time, I should probably touch up a few things as well," He said, looking into the mirror that stood in the corner of the room.

          "Why? Aren't you just going to stand around like usual?" I gave him a "really?" look.
          "Actually, I'll be meeting with the king, tonight," He exclaimed. 

          "What?" He still had a goofy look on his face. 

          "You are still considered a suitor for Allura," He crossed his arms and left. 

         I felt almost sick to my stomach. Girls aren't my type. It's not that I found Allura gross or unattractive, in fact, I thought she was quite pretty and she was always really clean. I just always thought her brother was more of my type, if you know what I mean.

         The piano music from the hall began to play, and I heard some rather loud chatter. I made my way to the main hall, when the first thing I saw was Allura heading towards me, grabbing Lance's arm and dragging him in my direction. 

          "Oh thank goodness, Keith! There you are! I've been looking all over for you!" She panted, but still had a smile on her face. 

          "What's wrong? Did something happen?" I looked up to see Lance's bored face, who's arm was still being gripped by his sister.
          "One of the suitors will be staying in the upstairs room we used to use as our playroom! That room hasn't been used in years, and it's super dirty. The maids and staff have already gone home, so I need you two to go clean it up a bit!" I could tell she was stressed. 

         "Well-" She grabbed my arm with her free hand and dragged us upstairs.

         By the time I had processed everything, Allura told us to "get along" and locked the door to the dark,  cluttered room. 

         "W-well.. I guess we better start cleaning," I could hear myself stuttering, and I just got even more embarrassed. 

         "Nah, we can just clean later. Allura just did this so we'd actually talk, as if I would though," I could hear the coldness in his voice as he looked away. 

         We were silent for almost thirty minutes, with the occastional change of sitting position, or cough. 

          "L-Lance!" I said, looking towards him. 

          "Jesus, what do you want now?" He annoyingly answered. 
          "Why do you keep ignoring me? Why do you hate me so much? What the hell did I ever do to you!?" I felt all my emotions rush out, and instantly regretted it with as I said every word. He gave me a scary look, and then my ears were filled with profanities I would never though would come out of this innocent boy. 

           "You wanna know why I hate you, Keith!? It's because I know you're gay for me Keith! It's because I know you're a fucking FAGGOT, Keith! You're a worthless piece of Galra shit! Nobody would ever love you, you're disgusting, and ugly, and you come on to people who never asked for anything! I just wanted to be friends, but even as a kid, you wanted more! You can only get so much, Keith! You selfish, hideous piece of gay trash!" I felt tears well up in my eyes and a slap come across my face. 

           I could feel my fists clench as I held myself, gripping onto my sides. I sobbed, I was pathetic in front of this beautiful boy. If he hurts me so much, why do I keep drifting closer to him when he just wants to be as far away from me as possible?

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: I'm really sorry for the long wait of this chapter! I have exams this week and next week! So I'll be pretty busy. I am so grateful though for the wonderful feedback! I do take constructive criticism, and I would love to see what my readers would like to see, so I can be able to incorporate your ideas! Unfortunately, I am rarely on wattpad, but I do have other social media in which you can contact me! I am quite active on Instagram and Snapchat! My username for both of these is peri.d0tto, and I am very excited to post this chapter and see if you like it! Thank you again! ʕ♡˙ᴥ˙♡ʔ